Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 17:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting where I have no right to post...  (Read 2185 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 09:16 »

I noticed on Sunday that Tomlin is growing some jugs.  Eeeeeek. 

There was certainly a noticeable paunch.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2012 at 19:37 »

There was certainly a noticeable paunch.

Which begs the question:  How does Pete Carroll stay so thin?

Oh, yeah, we're talking about real NFL coaches...

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 01:21 »

WOW.  have we sunk so low that we're discussing Man Boobs???   And this isn't a board about Phil Mickelson??  I know it sucks losing to the Raiders but we do that EVERY TIME for some reason...we'll be fine.  Can't we talk about how good Ben looks in the pocket he's never had before?  How the FO was genius in the way they handled Wallace because now he HAS to have a monster year or no one will pay him??  How the running game sucks ass?  something, ANYTHING but man boobs??

tt02

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 11:20 »

This thread is really about the team, how they are performing, and potential training strategies that would help their poor performance, with some Seinfeld like convolusion along the way.  Lol.

Ben should feel like it's pre-season with the lack of hits and sacks.

Article in the PPG quotes one of the Raiders as saying Palmer "diagrammed" the defense, and they just picked it apart.  Clark said they just need to execute, etc etc.  They may be OK, if OK means about 8-8.  If they could run the ball, even a little bit, they win that game, or give the ball back to Raiders with very little time.  Oddly, time of possession overall isn't a problem.   

They are going to get freaking killed by the Ravens, in both games, this year.  I can see a split with Cincy, and sadly Cleveland, and 2 L's to the Ravens.  Couple that with already having 2 AFC losses, and it looks like a race between Jets/Steelers/Dolphins? for the 6 seed 9-6 wildcard.  Steelers gotta beat one of them by a game to avoid losing a tie-breaker.

OK - enough sunshine and cheer from BV. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 14:52 »

Article in the PPG quotes one of the Raiders as saying Palmer "diagrammed" the defense, and they just picked it apart.  Clark said they just need to execute, etc etc.  They may be OK, if OK means about 8-8.  If they could run the ball, even a little bit, they win that game, or give the ball back to Raiders with very little time.  Oddly, time of possession overall isn't a problem.   

They are going to get freaking killed by the Ravens, in both games, this year.  I can see a split with Cincy, and sadly Cleveland, and 2 L's to the Ravens.  Couple that with already having 2 AFC losses, and it looks like a race between Jets/Steelers/Dolphins? for the 6 seed 9-6 wildcard.  Steelers gotta beat one of them by a game to avoid losing a tie-breaker.

I am totally not impressed by the Ravens defense.  As bad as Pittsburgh's has been, Baltimore's is no better.  Can't pressure the QB; can't stop the pass; average against the run.  Sound familiar?
I'll take Pittsburgh's offense over Baltimore's tho.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Bubby
N00b

« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 20:18 »

Agreed that the "it" factor is missing on D. Troy and Harrison are both out, and they are our two ball-hawk opportunists, so it's not a huge surprise. They can't continue to count on those guys, though. They aren't getting any younger. One single big defensive splash play in the second half of the Broncos and Raiders games, and I think we'd be 3-0, but where is that splash play? Who's going to make it happen? I look at our guys and I don't see who's going to do it.

Linebacker city has hit a bit of a slump. Foote has the brain, but not the tools. Timmons has the tools, but not the brain. Woodley is good, but disappears as often as Pedro Alvarez. I prefer Worilds to Carter so far, but neither is Harrison.

My big question is when are 1st round defensive picks like Timmons and Hood going to go from merely contributing to really making difference? You expect more from a 1st rounder than just being good enough to start. I've seen some flashes from Heyward when he's actually in the game, but it's too soon to tell with him. It's amazing what an impact Smith had on our run D, astonishing really.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Sep 27, 2012 at 08:19 »

I am totally not impressed by the Ravens defense.  As bad as Pittsburgh's has been, Baltimore's is no better.  Can't pressure the QB; can't stop the pass; average against the run.  Sound familiar?
I'll take Pittsburgh's offense over Baltimore's tho.

Our secondary can't cover their wr's.  Rice is running everywhere too.  Hopefully that was just because NE's D is about the worst in the league and the Ravens O looked better than they really are, but I'm not holding my breath.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: