Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 04:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 - Finny's week 3 rankings and week 4 picks  (Read 1055 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 27, 2012 at 12:26 »

Browns (+12) at Ravens (43.5).

Tempting to look at that spread and think... hmmmm, ugly, scrappy divisional scrum that stays low-scoring and gives the Browns the cover.  Then you realize that the Ravens aren going to throw the ball against a Haden-less Browns defense and a 43-year-old rookie QB on a short week in a hostile environment.  Even if the Ravens D isn't generating the same old pass rush, Weeden doesn't have reliable targets.  Betting on RB Trent Richardson to carry the load is a losing proposition.

Ravens win in a display of fireworks, 34-7.

Full rankings and picks to follow.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2012 at 13:44 »

Yeah, I'm tryin' to find some way to convince myself to take the points, but beyond the fact that Baltimore is coming off a tough, hard fought, emotional, Sunday night game against one of the better teams in the conference and is now faced with a Thursday night match, I can't find one.

This has all the makings of a letdown game.

But...it's the Browns.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2012 at 15:56 »

Patriots (-4) at Bills (52).

Looks like Spiller will be back, and this could be a close one, even with the Patriots madder’n a frothy groundhog stuck to a tarry patch in the road.  Marcel Dareus and Kyle Williams should own the Patriots’ IOL, so the pressure will be on the Bills secondary to cover quick hitters from Brady to his receivers.  Bills are capable of hanging in a shootout, but Patriots want this more, and are still the better team.  For now.  Patriots  31, Bills 23.

Vikings (NL – Stafford) at Lions.

I’m guessing that the Lions are favored by about 7 if Stafford is in, and that’s just too high.  Lions have played sketchy ball all year long.  Even with the pass attack and RB Leshoure a nice factor, Vikings may find some room to assert AP and their passing game.  Christian Ponder is clicking with Kyle Rudolph, and gets playmaker Jerome Simpson back, and the Lions secondary isn’t scaring anyone.  Possible upset alert.  If the Lions lose, they’ll be madder’n a marmoset with a tick on its ass.  Lions 31, Vikings 30.

Panthers (+7) at Falcons (48.5).

Panthers may bounce back, and hang with the Falcons for a half, but the Falcons have too much on both sides of the ball and salt this away by just grinding away.  That will make the Panthers madder’n a horse stuck down a well.  Does it seem like Cam’s getting frustrated because the year 1 magic hasn’t suddenly miracled its way into year 2 wins?  Falcons 31, Panthers 17.

Niners (-4) at Jets (40.5).

Without Revis, where is the pass defense?  The Jets’ run defense is already MIA.  And the Jets’ offense is pure suck.  I like the Niners to be madder’n a grizzly on crack that just been Tasered.  Niners 30, Jets 16.

Chargers (+1) at Chiefs (45).

Could be a very sloppy game.  Chiefs shuffle their OL due to injury, and Chargers couldn’t pass protect against the Falcons.  Both QBs could lean heavily on their RBs – edge Chiefs.  If Matt Cassell gets pushed around enough behind the reconfigured line, he could be madder’n a sloth stuck to velcro.  Chiefs 24, Chargers 23.

Titans (+12) at Texans (45).

Titans won one.  This week they’ll get a wood-sheddin’ that leaves them madder’n a nearsighted prospector with an ass full of porcupine quills.  Lock of the week.  Texans 38, Titans 10.

Seahawks (-2.5) at Rams (38). 

Rams are nicked on both lines.  Seahawks D will get after Bradford the way the Bears did last week, and if Marshawn Lynch can take chunks out of the Rams run D, Jeff Fisher’ll be madder’n a moray eel in a blender.  Low scoring affair that could go either way but looks to favor the visitors.  Seahawks 17, Rams 13.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2012 at 17:59 »

Dolphins (+6) at Cardinals (39).

Don't assume this is a slam dunk for the Cards.  Darnell Dockett may not play (hammy) and Reggie Bush could run on these guys.  Don't expect a lot from either QB, although Kolb has superior weapons (Fitz, et al.).  Shapes up similar to 20-16 win in the opener over Seattle?  If Whiz loses to the Fins after taking down the Seahawks, Patriots, and Eagles, he'll be madder'n a vegan at Ted Nugent's Sunday brunch.  Cards 21, Fins 16.

Raiders (+6.5) at Broncos (48.5).

Over/under on Manning passing yards should be 400.  Broncos D should show that Raiders O is pathetic.  Yeah, yeah, it's a divisional game.  What the fuck ever.  Steelers shat the bed against one of the worst teams in the league, but the Broncos are itchin' for a win after tilts against the Falcons and Texans.  They won't lose.  Peyton Manning has the look of a man madder'n Rosie O'Donnell's proctologist.  Broncos 34, Raiders 17.

Bengals (-2.5) at Jaguars (42.5).

Andy Dalton spreads the love like Jehovah's Witnesses spread the word, like Paula Deen spreads butter, like Lindsay Lohan is a fucking deathwatch crackwhore.  Blaine fucking Gabbert got one on the Colts - the Colts, baby! - let me change my diaper.  Maurice Jones-Drew-Cromartie-Pensoddity-Smythe-Cromartie will run madder'n a mongoose with a cobra in its mouth and its tail afire.  Bengals 27, Jaguars 17.

Saints (+7.5) at Packers (53.5).

Saints and Packers are combined 1-5.  Here's where the Packers O gets healthy.  Packers D will get after Brees like a swarm of hornets madder'n space aliens what come in peace done got shot on by a bunch of dumbass redneck hillbilly motherfuckers.  You done what?  Saints only chance is to keep up.  They won't.  Packers 41, Saints 28.

Redskins (+3) at Buccaneers (47.5).

I'm all about defense.  Bucs defense is scrappy-good, their offense is meh.  Redskins offense is lighting it up, their defense is crap.  Bucs, right?  It's gonna make you madder'n a dadgum Roto-Rooter man sent to snake out the toilets after Finny's been on a Kashi bender, but I see this as low-scoring early, Skins sneak one in late.  RG3 comes up clutch.  Redskins 20, Bucs 14.

Giants (+1.5) at Eagles (47.5).

Both teams have some OL injuries, but Eagles are down to their third-string LT.  Can see both teams applying pressure here, and both teams can get some room running if they go that way.  Giants are the better team, but this game seems like one of those weird ones the Eagles could win.  Do I pick with my head (Giants) or gut (Eagles)?  If I get this wrong, I’ll be madder’n a hobbit in a henhouse, whateverthefuck that means.  Giants 27, Eagles 24.

Bears (+3) at Cowboys (41.5). 

The OL is a mess, the passing game has been inconsistent, but the defense swarms the backfield and the running game can be pretty solid.  Take your pick who I’m talking about.  If Jason Witten drops any more balls Jerry Jones’ll be madder’n the 500-pound guy who gets to the wings at the Country Buffet and finds they’re all gone and has to wait three minutes for his fix.  Coin flip, home team.  Cowboys 27, Bears 23.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012 at 10:49 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 15:27 »

Thought the return of the real refs would settle things down, but apparently there's still a lot of anger out there.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 17:38 »

Thought the return of the real refs would settle things down, but apparently there's still a lot of anger out there.

That's just finny, he's always madder'n a Cromartie at the Van Zandt family reunion.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 19:34 »

That's just finny, he's always madder'n a Cromartie at the Van Zandt family reunion.

Them Dan Zandts come in and took the Cromarties'ses' spot in Lynyrd von Skynyrd, so's it's like the Hatfields vs. the McCoys vs. the Cromarties vs. Metallica vs. Lidsville vs. the Brady Bunch vs. Robot Wars vs. The Termilator vs. everything else you can imagine!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: