Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 18, 2014 at 19:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week #4 picks  (Read 499 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 30, 2012 at 10:58 »

Season Record = 8-7-0
Last Week = 4-1-0

Another nice week to get me back over .500.  Now, let's see if I can keep the mojo going.  I wasn't crazy about my picks last week; this week, even less so.  Absent a few matchups, nothing really jumps out at me one way or another.  What does that mean?  Fuck if I know.  A few quick thoughts on each game as I'm getting ready to run out to my son's soccer game.

As always, in no particular order:

Chargers (-1) @ Chiefs - The Chefs have always given the Chargers fits, especially at home.  I think the easy pick is taking the home team and the points here, but I'm takin' the Chargers.  They're actually playing pretty well (quietly) lately, last week aside and as long as they can keep the turnovers to a minimum, I think they actually run away with a double digit win in this one.  Bonus that SD is 6-2 ATS in their last 8.

Vikings (+4) @ Lions - This one is less about the Lions getting going offensively than it is about their ability to keep opponents in check.  Vikings are clicking offensively and they get another weapon this week with the addition of Simpson.  Ponder is playing extremely well and oh yeah, AP is still a freak.  Lions are at home and I expect them to get theirs, but home is a dome where the Vikings also like to play.  Taking the points in what I expect will be a close, intra-divisional match.

Panthers (+7) @ Falcons - Did you hear?  Falcons are going to the Super Bowl.  If the season were 3 games long, they'd be a shoe in, I suppose.  Unfortunately, they do have to play out the rest of the regular season which includes having to face their divisional foes.  They haven't played a single one yet.  With Carolina's abysmal showing last week, coupled with Newton's poor play and attitude, everyone is going with the favorite here.  As I mentioned last week, Ryan's record is incredible at home, but I think Carolina sticks right with them in this divisional matchup.  Going against the masses and taking the points in this one.

Bears @ Cowboys (-3.5) - Simple reasoning in this one.  Cuntler doesn't like to get knocked around.  Dallas does a pretty good job on defense at getting to the QB.  Yeah, Cowboys have been inconsistent, but I think they harass Cunty enough to send him into an epileptic fit on the sideline which results in one of his offensive linemen piledriving his ass to the turf.  Taking Dallas and feeling dirty about it.  Need a shower.

Bengals (-1) @ Jaguars - Really nervous about this pick because it looks so obvious.  Jacksonville is fighting tooth and nail for worst team in the league.  Offensively, can't move the ball and defensively, they couldn't stop a DIII team.  So, why is this number so small to a Bengals team that's looked very good in the first three weeks of the season?  I'll tell you why...it's a TARP!...but I just can't avoid it.  I know they're home, but...shit is still shit.  Taking the Bengals and giving the measely point.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2012 at 19:09 »

4-0 so far this week, nice. Aj in the black.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 11:08 »

Thanks, man. 

Hoping to keep things rolling.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: