Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 02:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight! Rush@Barclay's Center!  (Read 1417 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 22, 2012 at 08:48 »

That's right losers!  I'm loading up the Vannagan and taking the pony tail to see everyone's favorite canoodian power trio.  I'll be sure to pay extra attention to the display screens and let yinz know if they were lcd, plasma or wtfever.  No I won't.  I'll be rocking the eff out to the spirit of radio!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 09:05 »

I love Rush.  Haven't listened much since the 80's-90's but man, I'm sure they're still greatness live.  Enjoy! When I saw them back in the day, BOC opened.

It's sure to be a sausage fest so leave the little lady at home.  Chicks just don't get Rush, serially.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 09:48 »

Penso's girlfriend is laundering his concert shirt, as we speak.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 10:33 »

That's right losers!  I'm loading up the Vannagan and taking the pony tail to see everyone's favorite canoodian power trio.  I'll be sure to pay extra attention to the display screens and let yinz know if they were lcd, plasma or wtfever.  No I won't.  I'll be rocking the eff out to the spirit of radio!

In additon, we are going to need to know size, resolution, and contrast ratio, at a minimum.

Saw Rush a little over a year ago.  Mrs. BV is the Rush junkie of the family, so it was her thing.  The drum sets on stage were pretty amazing.

Mrs. BV didn't enjoy the concert as much as she wanted as the dudes sitting next to us had, uhhhh, "hired dates" so they were practically "doin it" right there in the seats.  It was pretty obnoxious, but them chickies were smokin hot, so I didn't mind as much.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 10:43 »

Mrs. BV didn't enjoy the concert as much as she wanted as the dudes sitting next to us had, uhhhh, "hired dates" so they were practically "doin it" right there in the seats.  It was pretty obnoxious, but them chickies were smokin hot, so I didn't mind as much.

Pics or it didn't happen.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 10:53 »

Saw Rush a little over a year ago.  Mrs. BV is the Rush junkie of the family, so it was her thing.  The drum sets on stage were pretty amazing.

A rarity, indeed!

The shows are so notoriously male-centric, I think Rush brings their wives with 'em on tour so they can get laid.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 21:27 »

Pics or it didn't happen.

lol - Mrs. BV would have been really pissed if I was taken pics of the hotties that were ruining her concert experience.

Don't know if folks have heard of Red Rocks amphitheater here in Denver.  It holds 7 or 8 Thousand.  It has stadium style seating, so if you enter at stage level, and you are in row 30, you have to walk up 60-90 steps.  2-3 steps for each row of seats, I believe.  The seats (flat bench style) have been cut out of the rock.  It is absolutely unbelievable.  The stage is between these two huge rock formations, and the seats are higher than the stage, but way below the top of the rock formations it was carved from, so the acoustics are quite impressive. 

Back in the day they used college kids that lived in labor camps in the summer to haul rock n stuff.  Pretty freakin cool and one of the most amazing places to see concerts.  Artists like Rush play there and do 3 shows when they could do one show some where else in town in front of 25,000+ but they play there instead, cuz it's boss.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 22:50 »

U2 did a pretty famous show from Red Rock back in the 80's but that's the only reason I've heard of it.  Sounds like a great place to see a show.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2012 at 08:32 »

Rush was good, but not great.  They're old; not Finny old, but old nonetheless.  When the ticket says show starts at 8, they mean the show starts at 7.50.  So yeah, missed the first the 15 minutes smoking and whatnot.  Heard later they started with "Subdivisions", which pisses me off to no end because it was about 2 hours and 45 minutes before they played a song which I even knew the name of.  I don't get the feeling they cared very much for the space.  No "Limelight" and no "New World Man". 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2012 at 10:16 »

Too bad man.  I generally don't mind not knowing the songs, but I wouldn't have expected that at a Rush show.  But after just now looking at their Wiki page, I had no idea how many albums they've released since the 80's.  They never stopped.  Wow.

Sounds like a hella long show though.  I'm usually ready for any headliner to be done after 2 hrs.  Unless there are seats then I'm fine.  But if it's all standing, yeah, wrap that shit up man.  Then again, if they had no opening act then fine.  And with a show that long you really don't need somebody to open.

So, after you get the pics developed at CVS and then scan 'em in to your computer, you gonna post a few?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: