Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roethlisberger & Haley  (Read 736 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 26, 2012 at 11:52 »

Is this a media creation or is there really something to the continued talk/inferences of them butting heads behind the scenes?

The first article is from earlier in the week, but Florio's (*eye roll*) recent piece is doing its best to try to fan the flames.

Starkey's article

Florio's article

It really feels like the media is trying to create turmoil where none exists.  Does Ben probably still miss his weeble wobble buddy, Arians?  Probably.  Can he really argue with what Haley has done to the offense in 2012?  Don't see how.

Most of the numbers that matter are up.  The ones you'd like to see lower are down.

Problem?

Maybe Haley's style isn't as flashy and doesn't generally lend itself to ESPN's Top 10 Plays of the Week, but it sure seems to get the job done.  If #7 continues on his current pace, he'll flirt with 5,000 YDS.  FIVE.  THOUSAND.  YARDS.  Wasn't that long ago where breaking 3,000 was a big deal.  Not to mention that PPG average is near the top of where it's been during his tenure in Pittsburgh. 

I really don't get why the media gives so much of a fuck about whether these guys hate each other or shower together.  IMO, they're getting the job done on that side of the ball.  Would it be nice to average a few more PPG?  Sure.  Personally though, I'm much more concerned about why the defense seems to get torched on a weekly basis...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 12:05 »

I'd say it's a non-issue.  Now, no doubt, Ben might be whiny, who knows?  But it's not a dink-and-dunk offense from what I've seen.  It is a possession offense though, and that's something I like about it.  Hopefully, Ben will realize that possessing the ball is often conducive to taking shots down the field.

I won't waste my time reading anything Florio says  jerkit

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2012 at 12:11 »

It's a "keep up the fuck out of 3rd and 17" offense.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 20:29 »

Here's the thing: Ben is on pace to be sacked about 32 times this season.  The only time the count was that low? 2010, when he only played 12 games.

He's on pace for about 20 rushing attempts, by far the lowest of any season of his career. That means fewer hits, fewer injury risks.

He's only been sacked four times in the last four games, and has 0--yes, that's zero--sacks in two of those games.

He can bitch about the "dink and dunk" offense all he wants. It may add 5 years to his career if this keeps up.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: