Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 06:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week #12 picks  (Read 642 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Nov 25, 2012 at 10:16 »

Season Record = 32-23-0
Last Week = 2-3

Crappy week last week.  Didn't roll with one of my eventual winners and added a loser.  *facepalm*  Should've just gone with my initial picks.  I would've finished the week down, just not as much as I did.  Way to over think things.

This week is a very tough week for me.  Bunch of games that caught my eye, but none of them leaped off the page or anything.  In addition to the picks below, I also like the Colts giving a FG at home; Fins getting a FG at home; and the Bolts getting a point at home.  Had to pick five from the ones I liked though, so here's what I ended up selecting.

Steelers (-2) @ Browns - IDGAF who's "behind the helmet," Pittsburgh is not going to lose to the Clowns.  A loss would result in those other playoff teams in the mirror being closer than they appear.
Falcons (-1) @ Buccaneers - Intradivisional grudge match that'll end up being close, but I don't think Freeman is ready to outduel Ryan.  Last week's loss against the Saints was the first loss ATS for Atlanta this season.  Tampa isn't as strong of a home team.
Ravens/Chargers (Over 47) - Baltimore hasn't put up a ton of points on the road this season, but they're going to have to if they want to keep up with the Chargers.  Feels like a 30-24, 27-26 kinda game.
Niners @ Saints (+1.5) - Niners looked great in their impressive home victory with Kaepernick against the Bears.  They aren't facing Jason Campbell this week though.  Don't care who QBs for San Fran.  Saints.  At.  Home.
Packers (+2.5) @ Giants - Really hoping that this one ends up being a FG by gametime just to protect against a FG loss.  Pretty confident that it'll get there.  Regardless, pretty confident that Rodgers gets it done in primetime.  Green Bay tends to step it up against better competition.  Giants have been trending downward too.  Only thing that has me a little worried is if New York's pass rush can consistently put Rodgers on his back.  If that happens, it'll be a long night.  Betting that it won't.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 10:25 »

Season Record = 32-23-0
Last Week = 2-3

Crappy week last week.  Didn't roll with one of my eventual winners and added a loser.  *facepalm*  Should've just gone with my initial picks.  I would've finished the week down, just not as much as I did.  Way to over think things.

This week is a very tough week for me.  Bunch of games that caught my eye, but none of them leaped off the page or anything.  In addition to the picks below, I also like the Colts giving a FG at home; Fins getting a FG at home; and the Bolts getting a point at home.   Had to pick five from the ones I liked though, so here's what I ended up selecting.

Steelers (-2) @ Browns - IDGAF who's "behind the helmet," Pittsburgh is not going to lose to the Clowns.  A loss would result in those other playoff teams in the mirror being closer than they appear.
Falcons (-1) @ Buccaneers - Intradivisional grudge match that'll end up being close, but I don't think Freeman is ready to outduel Ryan.  Last week's loss against the Saints was the first loss ATS for Atlanta this season.  Tampa isn't as strong of a home team.
Ravens/Chargers (Over 47) - Baltimore hasn't put up a ton of points on the road this season, but they're going to have to if they want to keep up with the Chargers.  Feels like a 30-24, 27-26 kinda game.
Niners @ Saints (+1.5) - Niners looked great in their impressive home victory with Kaepernick against the Bears.  They aren't facing Jason Campbell this week though.  Don't care who QBs for San Fran.  Saints.  At.  Home.
Packers (+2.5) @ Giants - Really hoping that this one ends up being a FG by gametime just to protect against a FG loss.  Pretty confident that it'll get there.  Regardless, pretty confident that Rodgers gets it done in primetime.  Green Bay tends to step it up against better competition.  Giants have been trending downward too.  Only thing that has me a little worried is if New York's pass rush can consistently put Rodgers on his back.  If that happens, it'll be a long night.  Betting that it won't.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 20:38 »

Hey, look on the bright side.  You didn't miss the Falcs-Bucs game.

poke
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2012 at 21:10 »

I had chiefs to cover, Browns to win (no way Steelers win wif CB) and 49ers to win.

Only problem is I didn't officially bet "bike neighbor" because I was running around prior to game time and didn't get home in time to "shake" on it.  GEEZUS.  Age kept me from shaking on it before I left the house.  Why I'm gonna . . . . .

Oh well.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: