Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 03, 2014 at 02:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echoing Jonzr's post--It really is stunning  (Read 299 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Dec 03, 2012 at 09:24 »

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21087427/ravens-ray-rice-says-no-disrespect-was-intended-to-steelers

I don't know squat about the truth or fiction of Ray Rice's story here, although it seems an odd way to show "no disrespect" for the Terrible Towel. And it's pretty cool if he did make this alleged trade with a fan, but it seems pretty implausible. I like Ray Rice and think he's a great player, generally class act (unlike some of his teammates and his head coach). But I wouldn't trade a roll of toilet paper for Rice's gloves, much less one of my Terrible Towel collection.

What is eerily amazing about this is what happens to guys who mess around with the Towel. You see everyone else try to imitate it (TA&M, SCarolina, the Browns???), but even the best efforts don't come close. Then you think about LenWhale and WhoseYourMomma, and it gets a little weird.

When you consider that Ray Rice didn't touch the ball in the fourth quarter of a loss to Pittsburgh's third-string quarterback, it borders on something that belongs in a bad A&E reality series episode.

I'm only a semi-superstitious person. I don't know what Ray Rice was trying to do or why he did it. But if I was  on the other sideline, I wouldn't want a Terrible Towel within a 10-foot radius.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: