Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 09:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS FFL 2012 Playoff Preview SPECTACULAR  (Read 4793 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 04, 2012 at 14:17 »

The regular season is over, and the JV teams have left the field clearing the way for what looks to be a ringding boffo humdinger of a playoff shindig. 

Who didn't make it:

Y2Joyce's Experienced Livers were unfortunately hamstrung by the series of injuries to Pittsburgh's qb's late in the season, and Arizona's inability to provide service for Mike Wallace-wannabe Lary Fitzgerald.  Via con dios to last year's champ.

Jonzr's Felonius Thunk made a late and furious charge at a playoff berth after a horrible start to the year.  Second in the league in scoring, tenth in your hearts, Bonzr's bubble burst in the end but he does have a sure-fire keeper in RG3.

Rex Ryan's aj_law's Taint Ticklers continued to be mired in mediocrity despite nabbing Arian Foster in an early season trade with the Chickens, perhaps the single best (or worst, depending on your perspective) trade in MGSFF history.

Pain's The Touchy Feelies won one game but did manage to break the 1,000 point barrier.  Still he can chalk it up to a learning experience and come back strong next year.

The matchups:

#1 Cap'n Chaos' Chaos Unlimited vs. #8 Spen's Spen's Angry Reds

Our resident baltimaroon surged in the second half to squeak in via the tie break.  Matt Stafford, Brandon Marshall and Jimmy Graham make for a solid lineup in any given week.  He'll be looking to upset the upstart Unlimiteds, top of the league in both wins (11) and points (1357).  Paced by Payton Manning and Ray "Ray" Rice, Chaos gets the team no one wants to face in the playoffs in the red-hot Spens; I'm gonna call this the two in the pink one in the stink Shocker special with FF wunderkind Chaos eliminated in the first round.

#4 Kluisi's BenRapedMeToo vs. #5 msdmnr's Msdmnr's Mongrels

Not much to separate these two sides as they finished with identical 7-6 marks with only a 9 point differential.   The matchups may favor the Mongreloids this week, especially if Eli Manning continues to tank it for BRMT.  It says here that Kluisi rolls on into the next round.

#3 Scacalaki's Hungry Whoremongers vs. #6  Finnegan Wake's The Sportin' Woodleys

Finny is surely breathing a sigh of relief as his early season success netted him enough points to slip into the tournament atop a four-way tie at 6-7.  As the Rodgers goes, so goes the Woods, and the return of BBR should pay residuals for AB's owner.  The Homongers are perhaps unlucky to have the bff Brady-Welker coupling versus Houston in what should be the game of the week on Monday night.  Look for F'in Weak to right his ship at the right time.

#2 pensodyssey's Chickens of Cromartie-Gao vs. #7 KC's Keystone Cops

The chicken's path to the number two seed was an unorthodox one, overcoming the disatrous Foster for Shady "flaming bag of fantasy shit" McCoy deal.  KC as the #7 seed actually outpointed the chickens in the regular season, so it is unlikely the birds will be looking past this first round matchup.  KC's hopes rest in large part on two iffy rb's, Demarco Murray and Darren McFadden, as well as on a less-than-appetizing CJ Spiller versus a chippy Rams defense.  The chickens meanwhile hope that it's Ryan-to-White early and often, and that Dwyer puts two good games together in a row against SD.  This is a tricky matchup for MGS' dynastic chickens, but the talismanic presence of Antonio Cromartie will provide the inspiration to push the poulets past KC.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 14:27 »

Of three RBs (AP, Lynch, Forte), I make the wrong keeper choice, and trade him anyway to upgrade WR.  Two other strarters at RB go to IR (McGahee, Ced Benson); WR DeSean Jackson to IR; the other keeper, Rodgers, a no-brainer, has been the fantasy equivalent of a Chad Henne....  I know I'm forgetting some other stupid drops/trades/injuries.  Whole season is accursed. 

The 6-game losing streak is fucking Eagles-like.  I have no confidence in the Woodleys.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 14:41 »

You know it's bad luck when you have more points than all of the teams in the playoffs except the 1st place team.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 14:55 »

I'm gonna fire the entire coaching staff and turn over most of the roster.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 15:55 »

Rex Ryan's aj_law's Taint Ticklers continued to be mired in mediocrity despite nabbing Arian Foster in an early season trade with the Chickens, perhaps the single best (or worst, depending on your perspective) trade in MGSFF history.

I think one could argue that the decision to not take Manning in the deal was probably the worst part of the trade.

Shitty year.  A poor draft coupled with a shit kickin' season from Newton equals no playoffs.  Someone needs to be shot.

G/L to those that made the tourney.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 17:06 »

It says here that Kluisi rolls on into the next round.

Oh hell yeah, give me that disrespect card to play.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 17:40 »

It says here that Kluisi rolls on into the next round.

Oh hell yeah, give me that disrespect card to play.

MONGRELOID HE WAS A MONGRELOID
ONE CHROMOSOME TOO MANY
MONGRELOID HE WAS A MONGRELOID
AND IT DETERMINED WHAT HE COULD SEE

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 18:53 »

Words hurt, Penso.  Words hurt.   Cry

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 19:19 »

Words hurt, Penso.  Words hurt.   Cry

Not as much as a sock full of pennies and a good jump.  We know Penso's watering holes and his proclivity for forgetfulness.  Dude's loaded with weed, too...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2012 at 16:01 »

Glad I didn't get the keeper I tried to throw in at the last moment pre-draft.....MJD

Weird season.  I don't have the quality to be 3rd seed.  It's been difficult enough to get my lineup set each week in time for gameday (f'in Thursday night games each week) so I have no clue how I stack up against the rest.  I don't expect much of my crew

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: