Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 03:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS FFL 2012 Playoff Preview SPECTACULAR  (Read 5742 times)
Spen

« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 23:29 »

Early in the season I did not think I would win a game. I could not make the draft and autodraft decided I didn't need runningbacks. I was as surprised as anyone when my team got hot. After some long seasons it is nice to return to the playoffs.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012 at 23:32 by Spen » Logged
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 07:09 »

Well played Spen.  Good luck the rest of the way.  Hope you run the board.

Can't believe I go one and done after such a great regular season.  Now I don't even have fantasy hockey to waste my time with.    What will I do?

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 20:15 »

Wow.  Bunch of beatdowns this week.  I "kept it close," losing by only 29.

I like the recap article - not bad for automated.

Except they screwed the pooch in my other league.  Top story should have been me getting fucked over by a career performance from Brandon Lloyd, with a fumble recovery in the end zone leading to a 3 point win.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 21:50 »

Thanks for the ringing endorsement of my handcrafted recaps, msdmnr.  You do know that some day the computers will do all our doctoring for us, too.  But hey, if you love the robot so much, why don't you marry it?  I warn you though, I've seen Blade Runner and I know what happens.  It's too bad the girl won't live... but then again, who does?

#1 Cap'n Chaos' Chaos Unlimited 70 pts. vs. #8 Spen's Spen's Angry Reds 108 pts

The upset SPECTACULAR happened.  Peyton Manning had one of those games that looks like it should have been bigger than it was, and just about everyone else on Chaos' roster produced half their projected total.  Spen meanwhile benefitted primarily from 19 of the most in-real-life meaningless points ever from Mike "Dinosaur Arms" Wallace.  Kudos to Chaos as the regular season chumpion.  

#4 Kluisi's BenRapedMeToo 99 pts vs. #5 msdmnr's Msdmnr's Mongrels 72 pts

Lemme put this in machine language, so msdmnr can "compute" it.

5. print "Better luck next year"
10. goto 5

#3 Scacalaki's Hungry Whoremongers 159 pts vs. #6  Finnegan Wake's The Sportin' Woodleys 94 pts

The tale of this will be the 42 points the Homongs got out of Seattle's D.  I cannot remember the last time a team D put up a comparable number.  But then, wouldn't I remember it if it happened before?  Man, this is like the time I got mugged; but that's a story for another day, remind me to tell you guys.  Anyway, it appears the Rodgers may have worked himself into the "Is this guy good enough to keep again?" conversation.  

Taking away the Seattle points, Scac'd have still won starting the Steeler D, thanks to Beardy and Hernandez.

#2 pensodyssey's Chickens of Cromartie-Gao 95 ptsvs. #7 KC's Keystone Cops 65 pts

The chickens get big games outta Roddy White and Montell Owens, and breathe a huge sigh of relief.  Meanwhile KC's Tony Romo looks at the calendar and shits the bed again.  Perhaps he's Mayan.  Anyway, too bad for KC, who might have been a load with CJ Spiller in coming weeks.

This week's slate:

#2 pensodyssey's Chickens of General Gao vs. #8 Spen's Spen's Angry Reds

Somebody's robot girlfriend is projecting a 6 point edge for the Chickens, but I just don't see it.  Spen has Stafford playing @ARI, Austin at home versus an Ike-less PIT, Brandon Marshall at home against GB, even BenJarvus Green-Ellis looks like a sure thing @PHI.  As for the Chix, hopes rest on Doug Martin going off @NO, and the Steelers having a lead late in Dallas so that Dwyer might be on the field in the 4th quarter instead of Rainey.  Still, Spen has been red hot and I don't think the Chickens have the feathers to knock him off.  

#3 Scacalaki's Hungry Whoremogers vs.  #4 Kluisi's BenRapedMeToo

It's hard to see anyone beating Scac's starting 12 this week.  Yes, Seattle goes to BUF, and we all know how well Seattle travels.  However, NE is at home.  They play a tough Niners D, but wasn't the Texans D supposed to be good, too?  Scac starts Brady, Welker, and Hernandez, btw.  If Eli Manning plays like last week, BRMT has a shot.  But not, I think, without Dez Bryant.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012 at 21:52 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 08:38 »

Rodgers won't be kept.  Could have kept AP and Lynch; kept Rodgers and Forte, traded Forte.  Season.

May have to turn loose my seat for a younger GM, maybe see if I can get a job in the booth. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 15:35 »

if you love the robot so much, why don't you marry it?

If it looked like Daryl Hannah, you're damn straight.  'specially with the option to upgrade every few years.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 00:40 »

If it looked like Daryl Hannah, you're damn straight.  'specially with the option to upgrade every few years.

In the book it looks more like Sean Young.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 09:47 »

A hot and youthful Sean Young or the sad, modern-day, puffy, alcoholic Sean Young who looks more like Sean Connery?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 12:45 »

Quote from: pensodyssey on Today at 01:40

Quote from: msdmnr2002 on Yesterday at 16:35

A hot and youthful Sean Young or the sad, modern-day, puffy, alcoholic Sean Young who looks more like Sean Connery?

That's the cool thing.  They don't get old and puffy.  And yeah, Sean Young was the lead but I had no friggin clue who she was so I went with Hannah.
Spen

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2012 at 16:01 »

Congrats Penso, good win. I blame Stafford.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: