Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 00:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week #14 picks  (Read 313 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 09, 2012 at 11:43 »

Season Record = 32-27-1
2 Weeks Ago = 0-4-1
Last week = 0-0

Unfortunately, missed last week.  One of my best friends had an emergency on Sunday morning so I didn't get a chance to make my early picks, set my fantasy teams or make pick 'em league selections.

Prior week was absolutely awful.  Actually went 0-5 IRL as the Falcons ended up being -2.5 at gametime.  Made up for it a little bit last week as I took a couple fliers (Skins and under in Giants/Skins game) that paid off.

Still up for the season and obviously looking to get back on winning track this week.  Like quite a few games this week which has me greatly concerned.  At the very least, it's going to make it difficult to choose the "right" ones.  LOL.  Anyway, in no particular order, here we go:

Chargers (+8) @ Steelers - I know #7 is back and I fully expect them to come away with the win.  San Diego hasn't won in forever in Pittsburgh...0-13, 0-15, something like that.  We know the deal.  Still.  +8 is a lot and that number varies depending on where you look.  Some places have it as high as +9.5 and others have it at +7.5.  Very interested to see final number at gametime.  Either way, I don't see them covering a big number on Ben's first game back.  3 weeks off so I figure they'll be some rust and that will result in a close one, 23-17, 20-16, something like that.  Toss in a few turnovers to make it closer than it should be.  Taking the Bolts and the points.  You're welcome, Steeler Nation.  Blowout city.  64-0.

Bears @ Vikings (+3) - Bears are obviously a different team when Cuntler plays.  However, Tilman and Briggs are banged up and Urlacher and Jennings are out.  Bears beat them last time at home, but Minny is a much better team (5-1) at home.  Have a feeling that this is going to be one of those games where Chicago has protection problems for Cunty.  Things don't usually end well for them in those situations.  Factor in that the home team is 7-2 ATS the last 9 times these teams have faced each other and I'm taking the points again.  Like Minny FTW here.

Colts/Titans (Under 47) - Pure numbers play.  Under is 10-1 in last 11 Indy home games.  Under is 13-3 last 16 times these teams have faced each other.  Gotta follow the trend there.

Falcons @ Panthers (+3.5) - Third dog in a row I like.  It's also the third intradivisional matchup game in a row for the Falcons.  Panthers just seem to matchup well with Atlanta.  Had 'em dead to rights the last time they played, but they let 'em off the hook!  Not today.  Another outright win for the underdog.

Saint's (+5) @ Giants - Welp, might as well go for the clean sweep with underdog picks.  My last pick could've really gone any number of ways - Skins (-2.5); Lions (+7); Pats (-3.5); Bills (-3), but I decided to roll with Brees and the Saints because frankly, they've played poorly in their last two primarily due to Brees' poor QB play and I just don't see it happening in a third game in a row.  I also think that they'll follow Washington's lead from last week and try to exploit NY on the ground.  I also understand that this is about the time the Giants turn it on because their backs are against the wall.  Still, as long as NO can keep the Giants' pass rush from pestering Brees (they haven't registered a sack in their last two games), this one will be close.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a Giants win, but I'd be surprised if it's by more than 5.  That being said, I'll take the points, tyvm.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: