Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 23, 2014 at 17:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Tomlin  (Read 2888 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 18:08 »

Question is, you get to play God, you can replace Tomlin with the twirl of the magic wand:  who do you replace him with? 

Andy Reid?  Norv Turner?  Nick Saban?

TBH, how many NFL coaches are better than Tomlin right now?

Dude, do you not follow history?  Dana Holgorson will be hired as assistant head coach, Tomlin will start some bullshit rumors about him and then get fired.  Bill Stewart, my friend.  Bill Stewart.

The similarities are unreal. Whether you can understand that fact or not, you cannot dispute the 'qualities' of Tomlin and his teams that I mentioned above exist.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 16:31 »

The similarities are unreal.

Couldn't agree more.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 19:19 »

Joe Starkey wrote an article for the trib this week, and I'm too lazy to fact check it or link it, but the gist was that Tomlin is 33-11 against teams he "should" win against, teams that finished .500 or worse at the end of that season.  Two seasons accounted for the majority of those losses, 2009 and this season, two seasons we were literally buttfucked with injuries.

I see alot of reasons to be critical of Tomlin this season, but the "doesn't show up against bad teams" arguement doesn't fly. 
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 22:14 »

the gist was that Tomlin is 33-11 against teams he "should" win against, teams that finished .500 or worse at the end of that season.

For reference, from 2008-2011 the Pats were 36-5 against same type teams.  And didn't count 07, Tomlin's first year, which was the 16-0 season. 

And while the season isn't over, 2012 Pats are 7-1 against teams currently at or below .500.  Just sayin'.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 06:55 »

Have to see what the record was when you make that teams that finished 4-12 or worse...  That'd be an interesting substrate number.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 08:55 »

The similarities are unreal.

Couldn't agree more.

Such a predictable response. Keep your head in the sand. Quickly, the number of people who think Tomlin is worth a damn as a head football coach is diminishing, and the number of people who see him for the eloquent (as perceived by some) bullshit artist he is is growing.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 09:31 »

the gist was that Tomlin is 33-11 against teams he "should" win against, teams that finished .500 or worse at the end of that season.

For reference, from 2008-2011 the Pats were 36-5 against same type teams.  And didn't count 07, Tomlin's first year, which was the 16-0 season. 

And while the season isn't over, 2012 Pats are 7-1 against teams currently at or below .500.  Just sayin'.

And I will continue to maintain that record is more of a by product of having...*shudder*...one of the best, if not the best QB to ever play the game running his offense than it is from any sort of Belichick wizardry.

IDGAF what "system" a coach puts in place, you need quality personnel to execute it.  Bonus points for a GOAT at the most important position on the field.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 12:30 »

And I will continue to maintain that record is more of a by product of having...*shudder*...one of the best, if not the best QB to ever play the game running his offense than it is from any sort of Belichick wizardry.

IDGAF what "system" a coach puts in place, you need quality personnel to execute it.  Bonus points for a GOAT at the most important position on the field.

That said, and I'm glad I have a bathroom right next to me so I can go vomit, Belicheat lost his GOAT player in 08 and went 8-1 vs. .500 or less with Matt Cassell behind the helmet.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 13:47 »

That said, and I'm glad I have a bathroom right next to me so I can go vomit, Belicheat lost his GOAT player in 08 and went 8-1 vs. .500 or less with Matt Cassell behind the helmet.

True.  True.  It also happens to be one of only two seasons in Bellyhump's career since Brady came on the scene when they missed the playoffs. 

Speaking of missing the playoffs, the only other year the Pastries missed the playoffs under Belly was in 2000 (5-11) when Bledsoe was behind the helmet.  After Lewis took out Drew in 2001, they make a run to the playoffs with most of the returning squad from previous year and win ring with Brady.

If BB is as smart as so many think he is, he'll retire the minute Brady does.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 16:00 »

If BB is as smart as so many think he is, he'll retire the minute Brady does.

Agree 110% with that.  He's a HOF lock no matter what, but if he hangs around after Brady retires and the Pats go in the toilet within 2-3 years, lots of ammo for people to question how much was QB and how much was coach.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: