Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 08:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: RB Marcus Lattimore has declared for the NFL draft.  In what round would you take him?
R1: He's a R1 talent who heals quickly, and should be able to follow the path of Gore and McGahee. - 0 (0%)
R2 - R1 is too risky, but he'll be gone by R2.  Worth the risk here. - 1 (11.1%)
R3 - If some team wants to use an earlier draft pick, fine.  This is where his risk/reward value is. - 6 (66.7%)
R4-7 - There are enough RBs in the draft that we don't have to jump in early.  If he's around on day 3, kick his tires. - 1 (11.1%)
Pass.  Too risky, - 1 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marcus Lattimore  (Read 2417 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Dec 11, 2012 at 09:26 »

Most pundits believe Lattimore is a first round talent, and at 6'0" 225#, he has the size and ability to be a workhorse back - if he can stay healthy.  With advances in medicine and Lattimore's history of quick healing, most pundits think he will be taken by a team in R2-3, whether he can contribute in 2013 or not.  He may not be running by the time of the scouting combine, but the chance to get a first round talent may drive his stock up.

So, when would you draft him, assuming the timetable for his return could be difficult to predict?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 20:00 »

My initial thought before he declared was late rounder and IR for a year.  Moved up to round 3 only because Steelers traditionally more miss than hit in rounds 2-4, so probably wouldn't lose much there.

I think round 2 talk is early smokescreen to get someone to bite early.  One knee injury, fine.  Two, with second worse than first?  Gives me pause.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 21:59 »

You guys know that I'm now draft guru. But I've watched this guy since HS, and actually had a chance to interview him (kind of). Think I can weigh in a bit here:

The kid is as solid, character-wise, as they come. Assuming that holds to form, he would be worth a roll of the dice.

Both knee injuries were freak accidents where he was hit in bizarre ways. Not like he was running down the field and something just snapped. His parents intended for him to stay in school all four years until this happened, and I'm glad they relented on that. Not a thing more that he can really do on the college level.

He's the definition of the "downhill" runner. Looks like there's nothing and next thing you see he's falling forward for 10 yards. Excellent catching the ball out of the backfield. He is unbelievable dull as a runner, although he has better speed than it appears. He just bludgeons people into submission. He seems to frustrate defenses because he's so methodical and yet seems unstoppable.

I wouldn't mind seeing Colbert and Co. take a flyer on him in or after R3.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2013 at 20:13 »

I'm with Preach on this one. Have watched videos that show his tremendous character, as well as watched his game film.
Crazy talented.
Seriously think he could be worth the risk.

Whether we'll take it or not....we shall see.

This draft looks crazy to me.
Teo was someone I coveted, but not after last night.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: