What do you tell a child

(1/6) > >>

aj_law:
that has seen and heard things that no human being should ever have to experience?

I'm trying my best here, but I don't know what to say.

Finnegans Wake:
I was wondering how close you were to this SD... please tell me this wasn't your SD...

otismalibu:
I would bring in the professionals. For your standard breaks, bloody noses, etc. you can simply assure the young ones that it's not as bad as they think. WTF do you do with something like this?

A few years back, some fossil drove through the wall of my daughter's elementary school cafeteria. Car came right into the lunch room and killed a kid. We happened to be on vacation at the time. I wondered how many of the kids would be afraid to go back to school or be in the lunch room. Can't imagine what it's going to be like at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Hopefully, for some of the younger kids, these memories will fade over the years.

aj_law:
This is our town.  This is our school.

Our children were there and made it out alive (can't believe I actually have to say something like that) thanks to the efforts of some incredible, incredible people.  

The teacher that was killed shielding her students was my son's 1st grade teacher last year.

Nightmare.  Somebody wake me up, please.

SCacalaki:
Wow, how awful

agree with oat that professionals are the way to go

I can't imagine what you, your family and neighbors are going through

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page