Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 15:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you tell a child  (Read 4493 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2012 at 15:20 »

AJ - I can't truly imagine what your family and your community are experiencing.  I can only offer my sympathy for your family and the others affected by this incredibly tragic event. 

You will find the personal and emotional strength to lead your family through this crazy time.  Your family and community will become stronger, if nothing else, in honor of the victims.   

Any time you need to vent, ramble, or ask advice, we will be here to listen and provide anything we can.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2012 at 15:27 »

From LTB2...

Oh my god - I'm SO glad his kids are okay. This thing is so unbearable - even though I don't have children I have lots of nieces and nephews - it just hurts my heart. I have been in tears on and off since Friday. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in those parents' shoes. I don't even know what to say to AJ - please let him know I am thinking of him, his family and the people there with love and support.....
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2012 at 20:12 »

AJ,

Finny & Otis both let me know about your family and your kids since I've been a little MIA around these parts.

I cannot imagine what you, your family or your kids are going through. I, like so many other, have been in tears since Friday. It's hard for ME to go on the Net, look at the newspapers, etc. How you get through the day without breaking down is beyond me.

I agree with several who have said counseling, but just you being there for your kids is going to do so much for them and for you. Be together. Cherish each other. Take joy in every moment you have.

We're all here for you, whatever you need. I wish I could come to Newtown and just BE there to do whatever needs to be done. Bring my dogs and let them give all their unconditional love and joy to anyone who needs it.

Peace be with you AJ. All my love and prayers to you and yours. Please give them all an extra tight hug from Aunt LC.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2012 at 21:34 »

So sorry to hear all of this AJ.  I cannot imagine what the last four days have been like, but I wish all the best to your family and community.

I echo the other comments regarding counseling, both for the kids as well as the parents, because I would image that their recovery has a lot to do with how those they look up to cope.  I truly wish you the best.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2012 at 22:46 »

I have no words of wisdom to pass along to you AJ, only my heart felt sympathy to you, your family, friends and neighbors.  It's impossible to make sense out of a senseless situation.  Stay strong and be brave for your children.  The human spirit seems to find a way.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2012 at 12:48 »

AJ...can't believe that I actually know someone personally affected by this tragedy. My wife and I watched the news over the weekend and both had tears in our eyes for what the victims (all the kids at the school, the teachers, and the parents of the children) had to have been going through (even when there was no personal connection).

I can't say that we know what you are going through, but as parents ourselves, we do understand what it would do to us if any of that happened to our children. My wife had trouble sending the kids to pre-school on Monday. Make sure that you are taking care of the family and that you, the Mrs., and your kids are getting any and all help that you think you might require.

If there's anything that we can do, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sorry for all that you and your family had to go through.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2012 at 00:18 »

My son adored Vicki.  We did too.  A great teacher and an even better person.  We just came from her viewing services.  Pretty sure my wife and I have never cried like that.  My fuckin' chest hurts.

Young people do not belong in caskets.

She was a sweetheart.  A HERO. 

Please help make this happen. 

Petition to award Vicki Soto the Medal of Freedom.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2012 at 05:55 »

I just signed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2012 at 14:06 »

I also signed it. And I'm sharing on Facebook & Twitter.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2012 at 14:48 »

Signed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: