Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 13:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Todd Haley now!!! What a crock of crap offense he runs!  (Read 3498 times)
steelerdude
N00b

« on: Dec 23, 2012 at 15:16 »

It kinda goes like this dudes....

Big Ben  "Coach Haley I know you just called a run play up the middle but they showing run defense, can I call audible and go pass?"

Coach Haley  "You do what I say to do Ben.  The Steelers hired me for a reason and that's to average 8 points a game this year!"
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 15:30 »

3rd and less than a yard from the 9, and he calls an empty set and puts Ben in the shotgun.

Then of course comes the missed FG...

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Pain

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 15:55 »

It's not Haley, IMO. For the most part, I like the type of offense he's running. It's easy to pick out a few play here and there, but the major issues we've had are clock/ball management, going for it on 4th and 1 at the 50, but not going for 4th and 1 inside the redzone, punting when we should kick FG's, and kicking FG's when we should be punting, etc... Additionally, Ben CANNOT close out a game anymore. Not this season anyway. Too many mental errors (AB in nearly each of the past 5 games), and of course the turnovers which lead to defensive points. Ben is responsible for 10 of the Bengals points today. The team lost it's fire. We've been in position to win nearly every game we lost this season; the mistakes weren't in the offensive play-calling, but in players not executing, and Tomlin playing situational football poorly. Throw in BB's indifference, and we have the season we had.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 16:07 »

It's not Haley, IMO. For the most part, I like the type of offense he's running. It's easy to pick out a few play here and there, but the major issues we've had are clock/ball management, going for it on 4th and 1 at the 50, but not going for 4th and 1 inside the redzone, punting when we should kick FG's, and kicking FG's when we should be punting, etc... Additionally, Ben CANNOT close out a game anymore. Not this season anyway. Too many mental errors (AB in nearly each of the past 5 games), and of course the turnovers which lead to defensive points. Ben is responsible for 10 of the Bengals points today. The team lost it's fire. We've been in position to win nearly every game we lost this season; the mistakes weren't in the offensive play-calling, but in players not executing, and Tomlin playing situational football poorly. Throw in BB's indifference, and we have the season we had.

I agree, Haley's offense has been a welcome change after the atrocity that was Arians.  It's the players and their lack of execution.  Dumb players make stupid mistakes.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 20:03 »

How about Ben routinely taking multiple sacks (as he did on our first drive of the 2nd half today against Cincy) that take us out of field goal range in a close game?

How about an issue few people are recognizing: our receivers are shit. Wallace is clearly playing not to get hurt, and Brown would be a great complement to an elite receiver. Sanders is meh. I think Ben's poor play in the clutch this season is more a reflection of the fact that we flat out lack playmakers -- or even guys who can get open -- at receiver.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 20:32 »

Worst part of the day was losing Heath.  The MVP on O this year and the only guy who brought it every week.

I lost hope for the Steelers after the Browns game

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 21:06 »

This season felt like something out of 1985 or 1986 to me. Not good.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2012 at 21:17 »

I thought the season ended early last year.  This is ridiculous!  I wouldn't mind, at all, if they let Tomlin go after this season.  His in-game management has gotten progressively worse dating back to last season.  I know it won't happen but I have no faith in him going forward.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
sysadmin7

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2012 at 08:57 »

How about Ben routinely taking multiple sacks (as he did on our first drive of the 2nd half today against Cincy) that take us out of field goal range in a close game?

How about an issue few people are recognizing: our receivers are shit. Wallace is clearly playing not to get hurt, and Brown would be a great complement to an elite receiver. Sanders is meh. I think Ben's poor play in the clutch this season is more a reflection of the fact that we flat out lack playmakers -- or even guys who can get open -- at receiver.

Pain, completely agree. Haley's Offense isn't the problem. How many times did we see Ben under center in BA's offense on 3rd and long, with WR's running 15-20 yard routes to watch Ben to take a sack? I know Ben liked BA, but the NFL is a business and if he doesn't like Todd Haley's Offense, he better learn to like it. Ben was on pace to have an MVP year before his injuries...remember that.

Ben taking those sacks, when Cincy rushes 4 guys is clearly not Ben's fault. Ben almost always has a man hanging off him as soon as he drops back. The problem right now lies with the Offensive Line and lack of production at the WR position. There are multiple needs on our team right now, and if we don't start drafting and hitting on every spot...we are going to see more and more of this production from our team. If we cut Spindenhall, not one player from the 2008 draft class will be on the roster..think about that for a minute. But, we don't need star WR's either. We need a solid offensive line and we need to be able to run the football. Could we PLEASE get a true, blocking FB that can run in the flat and catch a pass or two. Owen Schimdt is available...

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2012 at 09:46 »

You knew the Steelers were gonna limpdick this game when Cortez Allen gets the pick on Dalton's first pass of the 2H.  PSO comes out and, insufferably, runs this shit for zero fucking points whatsoever:

1-10-CIN32 (14:51) J.Dwyer left guard to CIN 28 for 4 yards (R.Maualuga).
2-6-CIN28 (14:19) J.Dwyer left guard to CIN 29 for -1 yards (M.Johnson, D.Peko).
3-7-CIN29 (13:37) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger sacked at CIN 37 for -8 yards (sack split by C.Dunlap and G.Atkins).
4-15-CIN37 (13:24) (Punt formation) D.Butler punts 37 yards to end zone, Center-G.Warren, Touchback.

Run, run, sack, punt.  Hooray, we moved the ball net 17.  That's some seriously pusillanimous bullshit.

Stats:  CBO had 14 total yards rushing (avg. 0.9 per), PSD got 2 picks and a fumble recovery, and miracle of miracles PSD racks up 6 sacks.  And still we lose this fucking atrocity 10-13.  Something fundamentally wrong with that.  It's like unwrapping a Christmas gift and then taking a hot steamy dump on it. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: