Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 12:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Steelers draft  (Read 11756 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 30, 2012 at 19:56 »

Steelersdepot.com says we pick 17th.

More interested in whether in subsequent rounds, we move up or down in terms of order within the round

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2012 at 09:14 »

I believe it's 17 in odd rounds, 18 in even rounds.  Except that R2 has 2 picks ahead of us off the board (Browns - supplemental for Josh Gordon, Saints - Bountygate), so we're basically 16th there.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2012 at 11:20 »

That is positive

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2012 at 13:38 »

They have the first pick of the bottom half of the draft!  But they should be able to get quality there.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Feb 21, 2013 at 11:14 »

Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah Highlight Reel - OFFICIAL

This kid is quickly rising up my R1 wish list.  Great size, speed, and versatility.  Thicker than Dion Jordan, more versatile than Margus Hunt, and he's only just scratched the surface of his potential.  Played 5-tech, 3-tech, and even 0-tech at BYU, could see him playing OLB, DE, and maybe sliding inside to ILB on blitzes.  Dick LeBeau would have fun with him, much like he loves fitting Pola into multiple roles.  Oh, he's 6'5", 270#, runs in the 4.6-4.7 range, and he can easily add another 15#-20# as a pro.

I'll miss James Harrison, but...

This.

That is all.

I like Arthur Brown too, but not as much as Ansah.  Besides, you can never have too many Ziggys on your team.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Feb 22, 2013 at 11:58 »

Steelers talked to Jonathan Cooper, OG from NC, at the combine.  He and Warmack are 1a and 1b amongst OGs, with Cooper possibly a better fit for our new blocking scheme.  If Warmack falls to 1.16, you can bet St. Lou grabs him.  They have 1.22, and I'd see if we can deal our 1.17 for their 1.22 and their R3.  I know OL isn't appealing to some folks, but an interior of Cooper-Pouncy-DDC would be amazing.

1.22 - Cooper
2 - Good WR cluster.  If Deandre Hopkins, Clemson is there, giddyup.  Others:  Terrance Williams, Baylor; Quinton Patton, LA Tech, and a speed guy, Markus Wheaton, Ore. St.
3a. - Bacarri Rambo, FS, UGA.  Brownie incident aside, Rambo is a guy who can notch turnovers, and the Steelers need S depth badly.
3b. - Great RB cluster, that lasts to R4 as well.  But here the Steelers can get their guy.  I really like Stanford's Stepfan Taylor, who can fit into the new blocking scheme easily.  Also a decent threat catching the ball.  Seems to get stronger as the game goes on.  Nice compact frame.
4 -  Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
5 - Duke Williams, SS, Nevada. 
6 - David Bass, OLB, Miss. Western St.
7 - Sean Renfree, QB, Duke.
7 (comp) - Spencer Ware, RB, LSU.  Seems redundant, but Ware is a late round gem, with Redman traits.

FA - ILB EJ Henderson (Minn.)
WR Steve Breaston (KC)

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Feb 22, 2013 at 16:07 »

I like Arthur Brown

His world is crazy.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Feb 23, 2013 at 08:04 »

Cooper had the most lifts (35) among OL-men.  Warmack didn't lift.  So, Cooper is nimble AND strong.  His stock keeps going up IMO.

YouTube any runs by Giovani Bernard and then see how many were sprung by Cooper...

sysadmin7

« Reply #28 on: Mar 04, 2013 at 22:36 »

Steelers talked to Jonathan Cooper, OG from NC, at the combine.  He and Warmack are 1a and 1b amongst OGs, with Cooper possibly a better fit for our new blocking scheme.  If Warmack falls to 1.16, you can bet St. Lou grabs him.  They have 1.22, and I'd see if we can deal our 1.17 for their 1.22 and their R3.  I know OL isn't appealing to some folks, but an interior of Cooper-Pouncy-DDC would be amazing.

1.22 - Cooper
2 - Good WR cluster.  If Deandre Hopkins, Clemson is there, giddyup.  Others:  Terrance Williams, Baylor; Quinton Patton, LA Tech, and a speed guy, Markus Wheaton, Ore. St.
3a. - Bacarri Rambo, FS, UGA.  Brownie incident aside, Rambo is a guy who can notch turnovers, and the Steelers need S depth badly.
3b. - Great RB cluster, that lasts to R4 as well.  But here the Steelers can get their guy.  I really like Stanford's Stepfan Taylor, who can fit into the new blocking scheme easily.  Also a decent threat catching the ball.  Seems to get stronger as the game goes on.  Nice compact frame.
4 -  Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
5 - Duke Williams, SS, Nevada. 
6 - David Bass, OLB, Miss. Western St.
7 - Sean Renfree, QB, Duke.
7 (comp) - Spencer Ware, RB, LSU.  Seems redundant, but Ware is a late round gem, with Redman traits.

I really like the idea of trading back out of 17 and picking up an extra 3rd round selection. But what if Warmack and DB Cooper are gone? With the extra 3rd round selection, I'd try to go after these selections:

1: T'eo: I know, I know...hate him, love him, cardboard cutout girlfriend and all this kid is an exceptional leader on and off the field. This kid brings too many positives to pass on him. Sure, his 4.8 - 40 time isn't like P. Willis or R. Lewis (4.5 - 40) but he plays smart and we have a future 3-4 ILB for many years to come. With an extra 3rd round selection, I have no problem going this route.
2: P. Thomas: FS - Fresno State: Future FS in the waiting, and could start day 1 if need be. Hard to pass on a kid of this caliber.
3a: B. Jones: OG/OC/OT - Alabama: Man, this kid should be taken in the first round, or that's the grade I have on him. He's been dropping like a rock because of his ligament tear in his foot. I have a feeling he'll be hanging around in the 3rd round, but maybe not..hopefully, he does and we snag him.
3b: L. Ryan: CB - Rutgers: Solid man cover guy with great hands, ball awareness and known for playing on an island.
4: I like Armstead, but he's rising fast. I think M. Lattimore should still be around, and if so we should roll the dice. If he doesn't pan out, it will be just like the rest of our string of recent 4th rounders...
5: T. Kelce: TE - Cincinnati - I like D. Williams, a lot but its hard to pass on Kelce as I see a solid NFL TE here.
6: J. Collins: WR - Mount Union
7a: K. Juszcyk: FB - Harvard
7b: D. Giordano: OLB - Cincinnati

But, that's a good wish list anyways. I think T'eo, Thomas and Jones will be solid NFL starters with All-Pro potential. It's unlikely Jones will be sitting there in the 3rd, but I've seen stranger things happen. Ryan is a nice addition to a weak DB depth. Kelce is a very underrated TE, but is starting to move up the boards and can replace Miller in a few years. I'm real high on Collins. Juszcyk is a monster blocking FB with solid hands and Giordano has a lot of upside as a 3-4 OLB sleeper in the later rounds. My .02 cents anyways...

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Mar 05, 2013 at 11:28 »

Yeah, right after I posted this Armstead ran like the fucking wind.

If Cooper were off in the scenario, I'd look at playmaker WRs and pass rushers.  Still have a bad taste about Te'o.

Love the Thomas and Jones picks, and would be happy if we reeled in your alternate draft.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: