Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 02:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Steelers draft  (Read 16155 times)
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #250 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 15:32 »

Kruger is about the only draftworthy 3-4 D Lineman that I'm still showing on my board.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #251 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 15:41 »

Another Sooner.  Sleeper receiver with some size, PR ability.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #252 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 15:51 »

Another Sooner.  Sleeper receiver with some size, PR ability.

Dude!  I figured that one would get your attention.  Coming back to play in PA, after transfering from PSU to Okie during the Sandusky mess, will get people talking about him.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #253 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 16:24 »

Why not this guy?

Keith Pough (OLB)
HT: 6'2" WT: 239LBS.
POSITION: OLB
SCHOOL: Howard
ARM LENGTH: 33 1/2"
HANDS: 9 5/8"
Overview
It’s hard to imagine the tall, lean Pough as a 5-foot-8 wide receiver, but that’s exactly where he was his first two years of high school. By the time his senior year arrived, he was an all-state linebacker in South Carolina with offers to walk on multiple FBS programs. But he decided Howard was the best place for him to be, and his father Sam joined him as a wide receivers coach and video coordinator through the 2011 season. Five years later, “Kiwi” one of the most productive linebackers at any level of college football and has the athleticism to be a Will or Sam ‘backer at the next level.

Pough expected to start as a true freshman, but was forced to redshirt to get his academics in order. He started 10 games in 2009 (57 tackles, 12.5 tackles for loss, interception) and then earned first-team All-MEAC honors after leading the Football Championship Subdivision with 28.5 tackles for loss, tying for fifth with four fumbles, and tying for 10th with 10.5 sacks (he also had 100 total tackles on the year). Pough started every game and was first-team all-conference for the second straight season in 2011, also grabbing third-team AP FCS All-American accolades by racking up 120 tackles, 21 for loss (ranking 8th in the FCS), three sacks and 11 quarterback hurries. As a senior, Pough registered 72 tackles (10 for loss), and 3.5 sacks, while breaking up 4 passes. He finished up his career as the FCS all time record leader for tackles for loss.
COMBINE STATS
40 YARD DASH: 4.90 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 17 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 33.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 118.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.28 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.47 SEC
ANALYSIS

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #254 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 16:33 »

Prough is on my list of guys from small schools (or guys with flags) that I'd take a late round flier on, or call right after the draft as free agents.  Little risk, with a chance to hit a home run.

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #255 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 16:36 »

Vince Williams.  Meh

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #256 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 16:50 »

Any chance Vince Williams can be a 3-4 ILB here? One tough bastard.

So...you're telling me there's a chance!?

Maybe Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn? Or Stoneburner tOSU in 7th?

Hopkins is the pick here if it is a PK.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #257 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 16:53 »

Any chance Vince Williams can be a 3-4 ILB here? One tough bastard.

Nah.  No chance.  What do you think, you're finny or something?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #258 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 17:27 »

Nah.  No chance.  What do you think, you're finny or something?
[/quote]

Finny knows his shit. Whether it be political jousting, groundhog traps, the draft or just shit. #Kashi

A DT named Williams goes to the Steelers in the 7th. Don't know much other than that he was 2nd on Samford in tackles for loss in 2012. Obviously a gifted young man.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #259 on: Apr 27, 2013 at 18:23 »

I don't pay as much attention to the draft as you guys, not nearly as well-versed.

That said, I hate everything about this draft for the most part. I wanted Patterson instead of Jones in R1. Lacy instead of Bell in R2. Not a fan of WRs from Oregon and their very non-pro system (Chip Kelly's new gig notwithstanding). Don't know much at all about the later-round guys. I guess Landry Jones is a value in R4--but what's the point if we just dumped cash onto Gradkowski?

Nope, just don't get it this year. Time for a change in the FO?  I've thought so for a while...but it looks like there won't be many changes. I know that the Steelers are all about defense, but this is an offensive league now and the more weapons that #7 has, the better. Got oline help last year, needed top-notch RB/WR this year. I guess that we kind of got that, but feel that we could have gotten better.

I watched UGAs defense give up a ton of yards, esp on the ground, to Bama and Nebraska. Watched SCarolina offense roll them like a joint. Lots of big names signifying nothing. Hoping that I'm wrong.

Furious that, one pick behind us, the Cowboys were able to make a deal.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 ... 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: