Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 09:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lacrosse  (Read 1448 times)
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« on: Jan 17, 2013 at 14:37 »

I stumbled across a college lacrosse game toward the end of last season, while channel surfing. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it.  Add in Maryland and Rutgers' moves to the B1G and the possibility of a Big Ten Lacrosse conference.  I thought that I might want to learn a little about lacrosse, and maybe catch a couple games at PSU this year.  Living in Pennsyltucky, there aren't any youth leagues around so l'm forced to ask for help.  Any refined peeps here that could point me in the right direction?

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 21:20 »

I played Division 1 lacrosse .... What a great game. It is actually the national sport of Canada, not hockey . Let me know if you would like to know anything about it. I coach when I can find the time.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 21:31 »

It is actually the national sport of Canada, not hockey

Since its founding, Canada's official sport was lacrosse. In 1994, First Nations groups objected to a government bill that proposed establishing ice hockey as Canada's national sport, arguing that it neglected recognition of the game of lacrosse, a uniquely Native contribution. In response, the House of Commons amended a bill "to recognize hockey as Canada's Winter Sport and lacrosse as Canada's Summer Sport," although lacrosse is played all year, in all seasons, indoor and outdoors. On May 12, 1994, the National Sports of Canada Act came into force with these designations
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 21:19 »

Nice nugget Otis.. Thanks for that... I still think its 1990, so forgive me for not noting that it changed to co- national sport.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 22:03 »

Hell, I only found that info within the last couple years. I still thought it was just lacrosse.
But I still wait for Showdown during NHL intermissions, too.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 23:00 »

Nice nugget Otis..

If he only had a dime for every time he's heard that.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2013 at 09:52 »

It is actually the national sport of Canada, not hockey

Since its founding, Canada's official sport was lacrosse. In 1994, First Nations groups objected to a government bill that proposed establishing ice hockey as Canada's national sport, arguing that it neglected recognition of the game of lacrosse, a uniquely Native contribution. In response, the House of Commons amended a bill "to recognize hockey as Canada's Winter Sport and lacrosse as Canada's Summer Sport," although lacrosse is played all year, in all seasons, indoor and outdoors. On May 12, 1994, the National Sports of Canada Act came into force with these designations

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2013 at 21:36 »

Nice nugget Otis..

If he only had a dime for every time he's heard that.

nice pun..... I see what you did there
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: