Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 07:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Bowl XLVII  (Read 1989 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:05 »

At least you won somtn.

IF if if if the Ravens woulda scored a TD instead of the FG with about 4 min left in 4th, and no additional scoring, i woulda won $500 (28-19).  I had an 8 for Ravens and 9 for 49ers.  I actually had reasonable chance of winning a quarter or two with those numbers, which was surprising.  It was a fund raiser for a baseball team.  $25 per square and the team kept half, so payout was $1,250, $250 per qtr and $500 for 4th qtr if no OT.

i figured since it seemed like the ravens were going to win anyway, i could pull for them to get a TD and put some jack in my pocket.  Of course, they couldn't pull it off.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:07 »

The ONLY remotely interesting thing about this shitfest will be the inevitable Cock Harbaugh meltdown (take your choice which one, they prolly both will at some point).

Jimmy Boy steals the day on this. I'll give it to him on the final offensive play for SF, but you should have known that was coming. As Finny said...the fix was in.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:09 »

Yeah buddy, your team won.  But you still look like this and you're hanging out where!?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:09 »

I will say that I won the trivia contest at the party we attended. Rolling cooler with built-in ipod speakers, new grill set, portable ipod speakers. Pretty good tailgate pack for next season's festivities.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:11 »

The ONLY remotely interesting thing about this shitfest will be the inevitable Cock Harbaugh meltdown (take your choice which one, they prolly both will at some point).

Jimmy Boy steals the day on this. I'll give it to him on the final offensive play for SF, but you should have known that was coming. As Finny said...the fix was in.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that ref to say he booted the call.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 08:14 »

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that ref to say he booted the call

At first glance, we were going with the "no blood no foul" response. But the more we watched the replay, the more we said, "Daaaaaaaamn...that was bad"

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 09:46 »

I will say that I won the trivia contest at the party we attended. Rolling cooler with built-in ipod speakers, new grill set, portable ipod speakers. Pretty good tailgate pack for next season's festivities.

"This buds for you, Mr. rolling cooler/cooler roller.  The cooler for the guy that's got everything, except a friend to help carry the cooler".

LOL - One of my favorites of the Bud Light commercials from a few years ago.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 19:56 »

BEE ONSAY AINT NO BOSTON YO

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Feb 05, 2013 at 14:13 »

We had a decent chance at going to this game.

Despite what the media has led many to believe, the kids that performed before the game weren't the entire Sandy Hook chorus; they were only a small part of it.  The Sandy Hook Chorus is made up of ALL the 4th grade students (mandatory for them) and some 3rd graders (usually ends up being a fraction of the overall number) who volunteer to participate.  Think it's a little over 100 kids.  Pretty sure there are five 4th grade classes in the school.  The NFL contacted them and said they would like to pay for 26 kids to go to the Super Bowl and sing during the pre-game festivities.  So, administration agreed and essentially pulled student names out of a hat (*squint*...*skeptical*).  I think 7 or 8 kids ended up being chosen from my daughter's class.

Initially, I was hoping that she wouldn't be selected, but then when she talked about how excited she was for the chance to go, I put my personal feelings aside and flipped sides.  She really likes to sing and was looking forward to representing the school.  Objectively, I thought she was one of the most deserving to go because she's been a part of the chorus since 3rd grade.  Last year, she used to get up early every Tuesday, get ready and I would drive her to school and drop her off on my way to work for chorus practice.  It was something she volunteered to do and something she did on her own free time.  Most 3rd graders didn't do it and a significant portion of the 4th graders do it begrudgingly.

She was so bummed that she wasn't picked.  In the end, I'm sure she was enamored with the prospect of being on TV, but I think she also looked at it as an honor to be there as a representative of the school.  She really loved her school; she misses it and it bothers her greatly that she's not going to graduate from there.  We try our best to get the point across that they're still SHS, just in a different building.  It's not the building that makes the school, it's the students, faculty and administration.

Anyway, when it was all said and done, I was bummed we didn't go (regardless of the particpants) for one reason -- she told me she was hoping to be picked so she...could take me.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2013 at 14:38 »

When I saw the SH chorus I wondered if maybe there was some AJ spawn in the mix.
Too bad the NFL didn't have enough money to bring the entire group.  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: