Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 17:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combine  (Read 2721 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 24, 2013 at 14:20 »

Tayvon Austin ran a 4.3.  Love to snag him, but 1.17 is too early (we got bigger concerns at S, LB and NT, IMO) and he'll be gone by our pick in the second.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2013 at 12:00 »

I agree.  There are some good speed prospects at WR, but most come with caveats about improving hands, routes, etc.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2013 at 17:59 »

Te'o  ran slooow.

Any of you guys have thoughts on LB Cornelius Washington (UGA)?  Kid ran a 4.55 forty and put up 36 on the bench!   Mayock  projects him in the  5th.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2013 at 18:08 »

Hopefully Teo's 40 time will remove him from speculation at 1.17.  Never wanted anything to do with the guy, even before the scandal.  Product of ND hype machine.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2013 at 22:11 »

Funny because a 4.82 40 would be an upgrade over Harrison's, Woodley's and Foote's combine times.  None were 1.17 but then again, not one is too slow for the NFL.  Obviously, a lot remains to be seen but a 4.82 is not the end of the guy.  So he may be a product of ND hype but undoubtedly he is a victim of ND hate.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2013 at 10:21 »

Cornelius Washington is interesting based off workout numbers.  Not a bad DE, but could be a better 3-4 OLB, and definitely a consideration for the later rounds.

Te'o is close to DND for me.  All this talk about a divided locker room and "me" guys and dumbass Rainey getting the boot after a year and Ta'amu close to it, we need locker room guys, leaders.  Te'o appears to have been that in college, but I am really doubtful he can muster cred with the big boys, especially since Ghost Girl won't be exorcised.  Plus his stats appear inflated with all the tipped balls.  Maybe draft the guys who tipped the balls?  And the Bama game just makes me wonder if Te'o is a step too slow v. better LOC.  Yeah yeah, everyone's allowed a bad game.  But I think Te'o's just not a fit here.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2013 at 16:16 »

I would take a look at Mauti late in the draft.  Injury hx is bad but he is the right personality and player when healthy

I didn't care much about the dead girlfriend stuff but with what he has shown at the Combine, T'eo has an issue with accountability.  Doesn't own his shortcomings.  Numerous excuses for this and that

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2013 at 19:26 »

I would take a look at Mauti late in the draft.  Injury hx is bad but he is the right personality and player when healthy

I agree.  By late in the draft, 5th onward, depending on how the board falls.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2013 at 07:35 »

R5 onward for Mauti sounds right.

Wexell thinks he goes much earlier.  Um, no.  Scary thing is, I'm agreeing with a lot of Wex's draft targets this year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: