Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 02:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restructures and stuff  (Read 3167 times)
sysadmin7

« Reply #20 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 21:31 »

Man, I just posted the resigning of Foster, Foote and Plax. Didn't think to check here...Feel free to delete it, I'll just post my rant below:

No need to worry now, we just re-signed the worst OG on the roster, the worst ILB in the NFL last season, an aging WR who caught 4 out of 9 passes, and brought back the worst rated cover DB in the NFL last season named Gay.

On a good note, Bruce Gradkowski is coming tomorrow for a visit. I'd prefer Matt Moore as a backup, but I think Gradkowski is a much better option than Batch or Leftwich. If he signs tomorrow, it will be the best signing so far (as weird as that sounds).

Miami just paid WHAT for M. Wallace? What in the #^^@ are they smoking, because they need to pass that $H!T around!!

I really liked Connor when he was a prospect. Hell, I still do. He's a bit injury prone, but I'd start him over Foote any day of the week and should be a cheaper option. Connor is a tough kid, and if he could stay healthy and start for a full season he would be a great addition to the roster. My .02 cents, anyways.

LINUX = FREEDOM
sysadmin7

« Reply #21 on: Mar 12, 2013 at 21:58 »

FB/TE - David Johnson just signed a 1 year deal

Also looks like Mendenhall will be landing in Denver (per Pro Football Talk)
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2013 at 22:02 by sysadmin7 » Logged

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2013 at 08:55 »

I don't think Foster's that bad.  No worse than Colon, at least.

The Plax and Foote signings are because we are fucking thin at both spots.  Foote got a 3-year because we have no one who can start there besides Timmons.  Spence is likely going to be an injury settlement, career over.  Sylvester never stepped up.  Maybe there's someone who will step up from the JAGs, but I don't see it.  (I always thought Chris Carter would be solid inside, but.)  So we absolutely need someone who knows the D to start, and now I think we're pretty well going to look at another ILB via FA or the draft.  Sort of the same sitch with WR and Plax.  I don't think he's washed up, but he didn't get many opportunities last year.  We will absolutely go WR in the draft, likely the first 3-4 rounds.

Once Colon is cut, maybe we can deal with K. Lewis.  If not, we'll wait for the FA bargain bin.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Mar 13, 2013 at 08:58 »

I told my wife about this contract and the numbers and she was amazed.......that he didn't drop the pen before he signed the contract.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2013 at 10:52 »

A 3-year deal to Foote smells of desperation.  If a bunch of other teams are clamoring for his services, fuck it, go find another vet to sign for a year on try-and-see basis.  Plax for a year is also desperate but not completely irrational.

No, that category is reserved for giving Bruce fucking GradKOWSKI a 3-year deal.  YES, I know our backups are old and brittle.  YES, I know this year's draft class sucks.  But FFS, I'd rather have Jerrod fucking JOHNSON back for a year than this guy.  And please don't tell me he fits Haley's scheme better than other options:  he's just suck.  A hot, sick, sticky pile of SUUCK.  I am really losing faith in our FO moves more and more, perpetually shifting cap money to keep vets beyond their expiration, shit-or-miss drafts since TomBert have been in the saddle, etc.  I haven't felt this bad about a Steeler team at this point in the year since...  the Kordell era?  We're not patching holes, we're not minimizing contingencies, we're slathering ourselves in SUUUUUUCCCCK.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Mar 13, 2013 at 11:48 »

Look at the bright side, Finny.  We can't lose to Gradkowski if he's on our team.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Mar 13, 2013 at 13:35 »

I swear I didn't read this before posting my opinion on Wells yesterday.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Mar 13, 2013 at 16:25 »

The more I read about Pittsburgh's interest in Wells and the public's dissatisfaction with it, the more I like the move.

3YR/5MIL/1BONUS

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 11:30 »

Look at the bright side, Finny.  We can't lose to Gradkowski if he's on our team.

Maybe this wouldn't make any sense with the change to Haley's offense, but surely Dixon is sitting around looking for a paycheck.  He is young enough he can whip into shape.  I think he was a better option that Lefty or Batch the last coupla years. 

I can't believe the Steelers cut him loose when they did, and he would be a good option now athletically and financially.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 11:33 »

but surely Dixon is sitting around looking for a paycheck.

I think he went to play for his former college coach in Philly.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: