Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 03:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restructures and stuff  (Read 2814 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 14:38 »

Scratch Keenan Lewis.  Report that he's signing w/ the Saints.  Fucker.

Well, there's another draft/FA need.  Not that Lewis was a turnover machine, but he was developing into a reliable cover corner.  Maybe Cortez can man the outside permanently.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 17:12 »

Would have been okay ushering Ike out and signing Lewis

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
sysadmin7

« Reply #32 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 17:58 »

A 3-year deal to Foote smells of desperation. Plax for a year is also desperate but not completely irrational.

No, that category is reserved for giving Bruce fucking GradKOWSKI a 3-year deal.  YES, I know our backups are old and brittle.  YES, I know this year's draft class sucks.  But FFS, I'd rather have Jerrod fucking JOHNSON back for a year than this guy.  And please don't tell me he fits Haley's scheme better than other options:  he's just suck.  A hot, sick, sticky pile of SUUCK.  I am really losing faith in our FO moves more and more, perpetually shifting cap money to keep vets beyond their expiration, shit-or-miss drafts since TomBert have been in the saddle, etc.  I haven't felt this bad about a Steeler team at this point in the year since...  the Kordell era?  We're not patching holes, we're not minimizing contingencies, we're slathering ourselves in SUUUUUUCCCCK.

I see more value in signing other free agent ILB's like:
1. Dan Connor
2. Scott Fujita
3. Chase Blackburn
4. Erin Henderson (would have been nice)
5. Justin Durant (a higher price, but long term solution)
6. some 5th/6th round draft selection
7. anyone not named Larry Foote

I'm surprised your so low on Gradkowski. I really liked him coming out of Toledo, and with 7 years of NFL experience he's the perfect backup to Ben right now. When Ben goes down, I have more faith in Gradkowski than Leftwich or Batch (or any other FA on the market), and you know Ben is going to get banged up again with our pathetic O-line. Especially if Adams or Gilbert start at LT and RT. Maybe one NFL draft we will draft a OT that doesn't have stone feet. Gradkowski is a local guy, and a younger version of Batch. He'll be with the Steelers till he retires. And Jerrod Johnson is flat out horrible...this team does not need another Dennis Dixon light backing up Ben.

I completely agree on Colbert. We don't have 1 person on the roster from our 2008 draft class. For a franchise that builds through the draft, the Steelers have done a horrible job of it. We are slathering ourselves in suck and its going to take a long time even if we completely "hit" on the next 4 draft classes. It's going to be rebuilding time in Pittsburgh sooner than what we all think. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one.

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 19:55 »

We sign turds as insurance.    Instead of signing turds, we could have retained keepers. 

:facepalm:

Bubby
N00b

« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 22:01 »

I was okay with most everything til they just let Lewis walk without trying. Anyone know what he got money-wise? I'd be interested to know what they weren't willing to pay him.

Foote's not great, but I think they pick up an ILB that's still out there or draft one high as an option. Word is Spence is highly questionable. 

I've read that one of Beanie Wells' knees is a potentially permanent problem, so there's no contract cheap enough. Draft a RB high, too.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 08:29 »

Saints sign Lewis -- 5:31 p.m. ET

Former Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Keenan Lewis signed a 5-year, $26 million deal with his hometown New Orleans Saints on Thursday. The deal, first reported by Sean Jensen, includes $10.5 million guaranteed. Lewis joins a New Orleans Saints defense that surrendered the most yards in NFL history a season ago.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 11:12 »

I've read that one of Beanie Wells' knees is a potentially permanent problem, so there's no contract cheap enough. Draft a RB high, too.

That's the first I'm hearing that.  Career ending knee issue for a guy in his mid twenties?  Nowadays, I'd be surprised if that were true. 

*shrugs*

They brought him in yesterday to bend over and cough.  See what comes of it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 11:41 »

Sign the cripple!  We have #22 reserved for him, spiffy gray sweats, and a clipboard all ready to go.

While we're at it, maybe we can lure Kent Graham out of retirement.  HE MOVES THE CHAINS!

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 11:44 »

Sign the cripple!  We have #22 reserved for him, spiffy gray sweats, and a clipboard all ready to go.

While we're at it, maybe we can lure Kent Graham out of retirement.  HE MOVES THE CHAINS!

Unlike Spindenhall, Ducey understood the value of ball security.

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2013 at 11:48 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 12:27 »

Unlike Spindenhall, Ducey understood the value of ball security.

Well done...

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: