Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 01:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just. Don't. Get. It. WTF?  (Read 1192 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Mar 14, 2013 at 21:48 »

Finny already posted the link in another thread. But still.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/keenan-lewis-contract-details-start-to-emerge/

Honestly, the front office can eschew the term, but this team is rebuilding. Officially (but unofficially) rebuilding. Lewis' $$$--if this is the actual--is chump change for a corner of his potential.

Sorry but I'm not sold yet on Cortez Allen; nor anyone named Gay or Victorian. Feels like a move designed to unload cap room to help the team start over.

Rebuilding. Yes, the word is rebuilding. Hell, the Broncos have Welker, Driessen, Thomas, Dekker. We've got...Miller. Brown maybe?

It'll take a hellacious effort by #7 to get this team into contention for the playoffs.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Bubby
N00b

« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 22:07 »

Seriously, I don't get it either. They must be sold on Allen.

Also, it's a crowded free agency market for CBs this year. Maybe they're hoping to hold out and get a decent one at rock bottom prices.

I still don't get it, though. With all the years and draft picks they've spent to get a quality corner, they should know they don't grow on trees. Just sign the guy.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 08:08 »

5 yr, 26 mil, 6 mil bonus!?  That's chump change for a starting cb.  They must not have projected Lewis as a starter would be my guess.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 09:05 »

We were too fucking busy signing checks to Larry Foote and Bruce fucking Gradkowski.

Yay, we're fucking saved now!  We gots Bruce fucking Gradkowski.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JHSilverback
N00b

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 09:59 »

This is getting ridiculous.  With all of the cuts and restructures, they were able to get to 26mil under the cap and then they sign a bunch of has beens!  C'mon, Steven Jackson signed for 3 yrs @ 12mil.  I'm sure he has at least 3 good years left in him and 4 mil a year is pretty cheap.  WTF are the Steelers doing?  We look like a minor league football team.  Then, to wait 4 years for Lewis to develop only to lose him for what I think is a reasonable contract, is just insane. 

Really puzzled by the moves thus far!!!!!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 10:35 »

A look behind the scenes as Colbert devises the off-season master plan...

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 11:30 »

What does "WTF" stand for?  Please clarify, Preach.

Finny already posted the link in another thread. But still.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/keenan-lewis-contract-details-start-to-emerge/

Honestly, the front office can eschew the term, but this team is rebuilding. Officially (but unofficially) rebuilding. Lewis' $$$--if this is the actual--is chump change for a corner of his potential.

Only thing I can figure is that they obviously didn't think Lewis was worth "starter money" because as far as CBs go, that's obviously a very reasonable deal.

What is their plan going forward?  IMO, none of the guys (minus Ike) that are currently on the roster are starter quality.  So, they've either gotta go out and sign somebody or without question, they've gotta draft one in R1 with the expectation that he hit the ground running and start immediately.

There are a ton of options available in FA, tho.  It might be the deepest position this year.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 11:46 »

Either they love Allen + Gay > Lewis + Allen, or they're rolling the dice with what's left...

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 12:00 »

Either they love Allen + Gay > Lewis + Allen, or they're rolling the dice with what's left...

If they don't make a move in FA (Chris Houston?) or draft a CB in R1, they'll be in the bottom third against the pass in '13.

Also, dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Mundy signed with the Gmen.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 17:46 »

If they don't make a move in FA (Chris Houston?) or draft a CB in R1, they'll be in the bottom third against the pass in '13.

Scratch that one. Houston looks like he re-signed with Detroit.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: