Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 05:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sanders next to leave?  (Read 1229 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 15, 2013 at 18:01 »

Sounds like it.

Luckily, we have Bruce GradfuckingKOWSKI signed.  Who needs a talented young WR when you have a shitty backup QB?

On the plus:  we'd get 3.91 from the Pats and clear $1.5M in cap space. 

So we can sign some POS over the hill FA.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 19:04 »

Don't agree with a lot of the moves (or lack thereof) by the front office.  That said, I don't agree with your sentiments about Gradkowski.  The guy made the Steelers D look like ass, specifically when coupled with Tomlin's asinine game management in the last 5 mins and is a clear upgrade over Charlie Batch who quite frankly had no business being in this league for the last two years.  Regardless of how much I would have rather drafted a young backup QB, he actually does make us better which is probably more of an indictment on Our inability to part ways with those that were born shortly after the earth's crust cooled over.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2013 at 21:18 »

Don't think the issue is Gradkowski. The issue is our lack of activity on almost every other front.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 08:53 »

The guy's career QB rating is what, 60-something?

Edit:  65.8.  The one year he broke 80 was the year he  beat the Steelers.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013 at 09:17 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 09:11 »

Being a Steelers fan is starting to feel like being a pirates fan.  Work a guy into the system, bring him along.  Lose him once he starts to be a real asset.

The Harrison move is a bummer, but at least I understand it.  They'd rather miss out on one productive year than pay for 2 unproductive years.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013 at 09:14 by DrRockit » Logged
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 10:05 »

The guy's career QB rating is what, 60-something?

Edit:  65.8.  The one year he broke 80 was the year he  beat the Steelers.

Yeah, and his career completion percentage sucks.  And he doesn't throw a good deep ball.  His interception percentage is high, meaning he doesn't take care of the ball like you'd want in a backup.  He also fumbles alot, which means he probably panics when pressured.

If he didn't have that career day against the Steelers, most people wouldn't even know who the fuck he is.  He sucks.  Now he sucks with us for the next 3 years.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 14:08 »

Or he sucks until we cut him and eat the dead money.

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 14:59 »

Valid points but considering the talent he has around him throughout his career, his rather poor stats are not that surprising.  I am just not about to act like signing him is equivalent to...throwing the entire cap into Mark Sanchez.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 17:54 »

Someone get Breaston's agent on the line.

I was hoping the Steelers would take a QB in the draft, roll with Batch for one more year and hope Ben only misses a game or two.  I like the Glannon kid frm NCSU.  I would assume it is Ben, Batch, and Gradkowski only, which is ashame.

Would hate to lose Sanders this year but based on his injury hx, he isn't someone I am matching on a long-term deal.

Have missed on some high picks (Sweed a bust, Urbik starting elsewhere and Spence an injury) in recent hx.  Worilds may or may not be a player.  Bruce Davis never was.

The Steelers have stuck to the vet pathway.  Continue to do so in getting the band back together this offseason.  I am ok with W. Gay and even Spaeth as it was reported Lewis was never offered a deal and I assume Miller is out in to the 1st Q of 2013.  Would prefer Spaeth over Kellen Davis.  Would prefer they draft a TE early (even okay with it at 1.17) but whatever, it is what is. 

But they don't appear to be on an upward trajectory.  Would have preferred they gamble on Lewis/Allen/Gay for this year and beyond than Ike/Allen/Gay.  Mistakes made giving deals to Kemoeatu and Colon, with a rather quick change of heart (and scheme).  Jonathan and Chris Scott are no more.  Have to bring back Foote as there likely isn't a better option pre-draft.  But we're not better for it.  Their 3rd and 4th round picks, from (just) last year, are/were facing legal trouble or are gone.

The RBs on the roster are not who I want in my starting backfield.

Could be a tough year.  No Humpal project please, Mr Colbert

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 18:44 »

Don't care about surrounding cast.  Gradkowski has shown little, aside from v. Steelers.

Yes, we're larding the cupboard with backups.  Come back to the fold, once and former Steelers.  Let us eschew playmakers, difference-makers, and put all our chips into fixing this with the draft, having shown stellar such in 2008 and others.  Clearly not Tomlin's forte. 

One plus:  next year will reap some comps, for Lewis, Mendy, Colon, etc.  So even with a certain fail %, will yield more hits.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: