Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 01:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers go for the steal....  (Read 1566 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 11:10 »

Shockingly, no one started any sort of "Official Steelers FA interest thread" (*eye roll*) so I guess I'll just post this here.

Honestly, don't think that even constitutes a rumor.  More like "I heard a guy mention this while standing in line in the cafeteria yesterday so it must be true.  Gonna post an "article" about that on the Internetz.  BRB."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 11:47 »

Wouldn't want him; always thought he was overrated.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 08:44 »

Wouldn't want him; always thought he was overrated.

He'd be a boon to the locker room.

Think of all the AARP discounts he could get the young 'uns.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 09:16 »

Shockingly, no one started any sort of "Official Steelers FA interest thread" (*eye roll*) so I guess I'll just post this here.

Honestly, don't think that even constitutes a rumor.  More like "I heard a guy mention this while standing in line in the cafeteria yesterday so it must be true.  Gonna post an "article" about that on the Internetz.  BRB."

Am I mistaken, or don't they play two completely different positions? How could Urlacher be a replacement for Harrison? He's always been a middle linebacker in the 4-3. I definitely wouldn't think he could translate to an outside linebacker in a 3-4, but could he even learn inside linebacker in a 3-4 this late in his career?

I agree with AJ. This is crazy talk. Might as well tell me that the Pens traded for Iginla...wait...what?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 10:49 »

Am I mistaken, or don't they play two completely different positions? How could Urlacher be a replacement for Harrison? He's always been a middle linebacker in the 4-3. I definitely wouldn't think he could translate to an outside linebacker in a 3-4, but could he even learn inside linebacker in a 3-4 this late in his career?

N'way could he play OLB in a 3-4.  Don't think he could play the Mack, either.  Timmons and his speed fits that role better.  He could probably play the Buck, but he'd have to learn the position and want to take on that role.

His age is a concern, but I'm pretty sure that if healthy, he's going to be playing with a darn big chip on his shoulder.  He'd definitely be a solid locker room presence as Finny mentioned, even though he threw that out there in jest.

Bottom line, this team needs players/playmakers, veteran leadership and depth.  They ain't gonna get it all from the draft, that's for sure.  If they can bring in a couple vets that still have something left to prove and they're good team guys, it helps to address two of those issues.

In the end though, it'll boil down to the monies.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: