Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 11:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS NCAA Tourney Pick'em  (Read 3448 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 19, 2013 at 09:31 »

group name: maximum grilled pickins
p'word: bigben

SING UP LOOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2013 at 10:56 »

WART THE HELL KIND OF PAWSORD OIS PIGPEN YO ODIOT?!?!?!?  I'LL TELL YOU WHO WILL BE THE LOSSER ANY ONE WHO STAND IN MY PATH, I HALF A SIENTIFIC METHOD THAT WILL 0PERDICT EVER SINGLE GAME CORRECTLY THIS YEAR, IN PREVOUS YEAR IT NEED SOME REVISIN, NOW I AM READY TO WEAR THE CROWN!!!!!!!  ONLY FOOLS DEAR TO CHALLEGE ME!!!!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2013 at 11:11 »

group name: maximum grilled pickins
p'word: bigben

SING UP LOOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Is this on Yahoo? If so, don't we need the group ID rather than the group name?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2013 at 11:28 »

Nah, it's espn.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2013 at 12:01 »

Nah, it's espn.

Cool...I'm in.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 11:20 »

The winning picks have been submitted.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 11:35 »

I'm willing to bet that I have not submitted them.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 11:50 »

M

I'm willing to bet that I have not submitted them.

Me too, but I figure they're submitted by now.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 15:40 »

Pitt flames out already. 

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 15:58 »

I knew Pitt was out by the second round for sure, they have no one to score the ball.  But man did they suck today.  Where is Y2J when you need him?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 16:54 »

I knew Pitt was out by the second round for sure, they have no one to score the ball.  But man did they suck today.  Where is Y2J when you need him?

5-1 on the day so far (small #'s are beating big #'s for the most part).  Thx, Pitt.  Had 'em losing to 'Zag next anyways.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 20:04 »

What the hell was Woodall doing?!? 1-12. One assist. Five turnovers. At least two air balls (in fairness one counted as his assist). Pathetic way to go out. George Zimmerman texted me about halfway through to tell me it was the ugliest Travon shooting he'd ever seen.

Louisville is on right now. Pitino is hilarious. No idea how he still has a job in the wake of his ridiculous sex scandal. Banged some slut in an Italian restaurant floor. (No big deal. We've all been there. Glass houses.) Then he like bought her a rack. Paid for an abortion. Then talked her into the equipment manager's job with his team's equipment manager and they were happily married. Until he ran out of hush money and she sued or whatever. Then he challenges the media for criticizing him. 9/11 references and all.

Separately, Pitino owns three thoroughbreds that he has named after his players. Nothing collective, they're individual nickname based. Obviously anybody can name a horse whatever the hell they want but the irony of those horses busting their horse asses to make that horse's ass Pitino rich cracks me up. They get nothing but whipped. And some oats. Or a scholarship.

Last Louisville point I have to make. They have a wing named "Mon-trez Harrell". His first name is spelled Montrezl. He is the personification of a Patriots season in that no matter how things shake out it always ends with an L.

Bucknell was a trendy upset pick but they sucked. Muscala made a case for the most overrated, talentless dude of the tournament. His performance has since been eclipsed by Alec Baldwin of Capital One U.

Madute Bol checks into the game for Southern. My friend hurriedly informs me that the frighteningly skinny, tall center is the son of former NBA freak Manute Bol before the announcer even can. No shit, idiots.

At least it is not spelled Madutel.

This is the best talent of Canadian players I can ever remember in the NCAA Tournament. Pangos from Gonzaga, Bennett from UNLV, former Pitter and noted quitter (must be "French" Canadian) Khem Birch, Stauskas from Michigan is an impressive first day crop. Lots of denim showing up at this Big Dance.

Rex Chapman is horrible as a student analyst. Too passive. Needs to interject and make a few points. Typical Kentucky guy though. Not making enough points. Heyo!!!! Robert Morris just sent me a telegram. He says: "you suuuuuuck!"

Sideline reporter Allie LaForce is the first lock on my all-tournament team. What a talent. Good Lord. Clark Kellogg ain't the only one talking "spurtability". She is the wholesome, attractive type that you'd want to take out on a date. To an Italian restaurant. To fuck on the floor.

Good to see a shirtless Lil Wayne making layups for the "skins" team on that Powerade ad I'll be seeing all month. Healthy switch from the cough syrup, young man. You only live once. YOLO. ETC.

I love the four games at once action. Switching back and forth to avoid commercial breaks. It's nuts. I haven't seen The Rock's face for like 11 minutes.

South Dakota State's PG Nate Wolters is being thoroughly outplayed by Michigan. He seems disrupted by the athleticism of likely all-American Trey Burke and a kid named Tim Hardaway. I could have written this last Sunday night if I wanted.

Louisville used to have another Smith on the team the past couple years. I remember not being able to discern which was NBA J.R. Smith's brother. Until the one graduated and this kid got neck tattoos.

I was really pulling for Southern to pull off the historic upset of #1 seed Gonzaga. I was spitballing the screenplay for the underdog 16-seed of fast, tall black kids from down south doing the impossible and beating long-haired Kelly Oleynik, John Stockton's son, and three other white guys to give us all a new perspective.

Really upset Oklahoma State let me down and wrecked my bracket. Only went with them because Marcus Smart was my favorite player in the tournament. He costs me hundreds of dollars today. I have a new favorite player in the tournament. His name is everybody else.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 20:50 »

Apparently punk teenager jackass college boy!! Khem Birch's blonde streak of hair wasn't natural. Or, it was, and he just dyed it back to black?

I stayed home from work today to watch the games. Caught Mike and Mike on ESPN TV. Had forgotten about those lames. Golic kept mentioning that he was picking against ND. It was in a jinxing their opponent kind of way. Not in a I've learned my lesson from spending all of fall and winter vastly overhyping up a football team with my two sons and that pathological liar Mormon Hawaiian linebacker with the fake dead girlfriend that should've lost to Pitt at home.

Fully expecting Jamie Dixon to move on to USC in the coming weeks. He was a great coach for Pitt. Was absolutely the correct choice to replace Howland and not the two guys I pushed for. Because Skip Prosser is dead. And Calipari is a cheater who can't beat Bobby Mo!!!!

If he goes I'd love to see Orlando Antigua get consideration over a Howland return and an ascending Brandon Knight. He is a top recruiter and is Penso's mate.

What the fuck is that show NCIS about? America's #1 show!! I've never met anyone that watches it. It has a gray-haired pensive looking dude and a rocking goth chick who is probably in her forties.

44 points, UNLV?!? For being the 'Running Rebels' they sure do a hell of a lot of walking it up. And adhering for that matter.

March. CBS. "A tradition, unlike any other." Syracuse is getting investigated again. Southerland ineligible most of the year. Fab Melo ineligible last year. Boeheim abusing reporters. Bernie Fein kiddie fiddling. I'm sure it is all unwarranted.

Akron had sick uniforms last year. They changed them this year for the worse. VCU wins that battle. Love the black n gold scheme.

"MMMM ON MY WAYY, ON MY WAY..." Enterprise can die for still using the most annoying song of the 19-hundred-90's for all these commercials.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 21:01 »

I knew Pitt was out by the second round for sure, they have no one to score the ball.  But man did they suck today.  Where is Y2J when you need him?

Drinking.

And I could never score the ball. Just had broad shoulders and would clatter into the lane and get fouled.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 21:23 »

Banged some slut in an Italian restaurant floor. (No big deal. We've all been there. Glass houses.)

I think that's the lyrics to a Billy Joel song. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 22:21 »

Shame about friend of a friend Brian Walsh of Akron suffering through the flu and this VCU Tenacious D.

I am also suffering from flu-like symptoms when Verne refers to him as Blair Walsh. Wrong sport. Someone get in his ear.

Iverson rocking the compression sleeve for Colorado State but not the tattoos. Fuck practice.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013 at 22:27 by Y2Joyce » Logged

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 22:46 »

I bet Mizzou teammates roll their eyes at all the old-time basketball stories they hear about Flip Pressey's father or the time Kemba Walker won a championship for starting center Alex Oriakhi.

I picked Akron to beat VCU. It is 88-41 to the bad. I am certain it's the worst loss I have ever taken in the tournament score-wise. There's a bunch more games tomorrow though so they shouldn't celebrate.

I picked Missouri to reach the final last year and in 1990. In 90 I wept and re-did a bracket. Last year I just wept. That's a reflection of how I was raised. Also it was St Pat's Day weekend and I put my liver in a sling.

Why would I fucking pick them again? Ugh.

How funny was that review with Marcus Smart flopping vs Kyle Singler's baby bro? Delicious irony since the Duke grad was the king of flopping. No. No. The correct answer is not funny at all because they lost the game and I lost my shirt.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 09:09 »

Man, I fuckin' missed Y2J.

Classic shit right there.  Too many to cite.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 12:50 »

Man, I fuckin' missed Y2J.

Classic shit right there.  Too many to cite.

Yeah, that's some gonzo-esque ramblin' right there.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 13:32 »

When did Kyle Broflofski go to Wisconsin?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 17:28 »

"the girl from 4e" is probably pushing 40 years old by now. Change it up State Farm.

It is pathetic the way these inadvertent elbows have affected the games. I understand that the calls are correct by the letter of the law but it a bad rule. They just happen way too much and punish the offending team at an unfair level. I shouldn't have the exact language of the rule memorized verbatim, but after seeing the graphic over and over the past two days how can I not?

The Atlantic 10 is 6-0?!? Wow.

Great comeback by my Colorado Buffs. 19-0 run. You should've heard me swearing at them in the first half. I need this W. Gotta keep some cash in the Kendrell Bell signed wallet.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 20:36 »

Down goes g-town, and with them msdmnr's bracket.  Nova also out, no surprise there, they were worse than Pitt.  

Allstate is advertising insurance to take out in case one's domestic servant falls down on the job.  Makes me nauseous.

The Hanes kitten tshirt ad is not at all funny until the guy says "I got it from SkyMall" at the very end.   
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2013 at 20:42 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 21:01 »

Notre Dame appears to be wearing Linda Blair's vomit tonight.  I think it's in honor of the new Pope and all the exorcisms and whatnot the Catholic church still does.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Mar 23, 2013 at 15:50 »

Down goes g-town, and with them msdmnr's bracket.

Thanks for the reminder.  Was gonna post yesterday that it's indicative of a wide open tournament that with 7 entries there are 6 different national champs.  Pretty much will come down to that game.  In other words, my ass is done.

Believe that's the first time my national champ pick got picked off in the opener - oh, excuse me "second round."  Didn't even make a game of it.  My bracket died about 32 hours after the tipoff of the real games.

On the bright side, at a minimum one of you other schmucks will feel the pain before the final four too.

SING FLORIDE GOOF COSTER!!!111  THEY WELL WIN ITT AWL NOW NOONE CAN STOOP THEM!!11
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 22:38 »

Belated disrespect to those streaking Colorado Buffaloes who didn't score a basket after I posted last in this thread.

Not bitter at all. I just hope Rashaan Salaam is ID'd as a Talibani sympathizer and is waterboarded, Kordell Stewart gets a divorce, John Elway dies of a legalized marijuana overdose and I am asked to give the eulogy where I commend him for donating his frosted tipped hair to a wig shop and his hooves for glue development. Neiiiiigh!

The second I finished that: "here comes Baker galloping up the wing..."

In the first half Friday night I tweeted that FGCU was thee most athletic 15-seed I had ever seen. They beat Georgetown's ASSSSS.

In find it hilarious that John ThomNepotism III's deepest NCAA run was his black and white Dove ads where he said that his mother, John Thompson's wife, said he disgustingly exuded sweat on TV. That went all March. They've been KO'd by a double digit seed every year since like 05. No sweet 16s.

More GTown bullshit: Pitt won in DC by like 30 this year.

Rachel Nichols should be stripped of any awards won if they play the footage of her riding in a cart with Justin Tiimberlake, who you homos recognize from nsync, and just wetted up the course laughing at his jokes and being OMG impressed with everything he said. Hurricane Vagina.

Cannot wait to write the screenplay my upcoming movie "34". I hate to give too much away, but it is about Nate Lubick's reverse Jackie Robinson breakthrough as the only white dude to play for Georgetown.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 23:12 »

If Victor Oladipo is such hot shit why does Carter-Williams have a career high tonight? He is whooping his ass. Oladipo and all that national player of the year talk was always bunk. Watford and Zeller will both be better pros. It was a dumbass discussion.

Will Shehee. My least favorite player in the NCAAs since Big Baby JJ Redick/Big Baby Davis. What a cunt.

We have a Harbaugh sighting. Hard for me to hate. The Ravens deserved the belt, lost to Charlie Batch, and defeated those Patriots. Congrats. I made my bones fucking with their clueless fans on ESPN boards, talking shit on LennBias,nArt Moddell and the fact that "the Lombardi (didn't) reside in Baltimore" as it is not the Stanley Cup. There is more than one trophy, assholes.

Not that I would expect Capitals fans to know shit about the Stanley Cup.

PS: fans of teams not the Penguins....IGINLA, biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

In was listening to my friend Bill Burr's podcast from last week and he praised Crosby to no end and stressed that Boston needed a great scorer like that. While admitting nobody was on Crosby's level. Absolutely stunning to see/hear the news about the done Bruins trade and then the stunning reversal to the Pens where they gave up nothing. I would be so pissed.

I think Aaron Kraft is German for "diving cunt en la rouge makeup". Fact check me, bro.

Good lord.....it is pronounced "La Salle". Like it was spelled "La Salle". And not "Le Saul". Bruce Gradkowski just texted me the helpful hint: " it's like Seton La Salle, yinz guys".

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 23:22 »

Cream got his pants coached off by Boeheim. Wonderful strategy by telling his team to defend in the 2-3 zone he's been running since way before Shaka Smart's great grandfather, Keith Smart, hit that J in like 1986. Who could've expected Syracuse to trust their bigs on Zeller, single team in a sense, and just double off of that famous zone. They shut their water off completely. Like someone was doing necessary digging for neighborhood improvements. Or Mr Joyce needs to pay his bill!

The rent, and bills, is too damn high.

I totally expect and trust Harbaugh was leaning over and consoling his sister, Crean's wife, and telling her about how sometimes the other team just can't be stopped. "Hell. This one time, there was this Charlie Batch guy, and ...."

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 23:46 »

I know some of you kids recall me referencing Boeheim as Jim STFU Boeheim. I bet he only has like one middle initial and not those four. No way. Not consecutively. #Powerball but I did get drunk in HS and unleash a brilliantly-timed "shuuut the FUCK up, Boeheim!" as he bitched to the refs up by 25 points during a quiet foul shoot. The 1200 fans at the Larry Fitzgerald Fieldhouse went NUTS. Brandin Knight laughed. Preston Shumpert missed the next FT. The impetus for the Oakland Zoo was created. I think Damone Williams got 20, my friend who went to Pitt got some action a girl from North Hills High and I got alcohol poisoning andd a ride home from my mom.

I am not bragging. Boeheim definitely remembers it. Don't be a liar, Jim.

"OUTBACK SUUH-LOINS AND LAAWB STAAH TAILS ARE BACK!" ...in case you care.

The only way my bracket could get worse is if one of these mayhem ads come true and the hot water heater randomly flies out of my basement, and into my ass and I am left dead and uninsured.

I took a break to watch the Comedy Central show Nathan For You tonight. I am cooling on my original analysis ofnthe show as I see it is hit/miss due to personal taste. I still implore people to check it out. Funniest show since Da Ali G Show 10 years ago.

Wichita State into the final 8. Fire Dixon claims have been extinguished. But those fucking idiots will have it enflamed in no times.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2013 at 17:54 »

I'm calling bullshit on ODing on marijuana.  Although the shit you kids smoke today isn't the same shake we were growing out of shoeboxes under the HO railroad that stayed up past Christmas and all the rest of the year, fed with Miracle Gro and black lights.  "Look, dude, a leaf!"

More beautiful words from the Joce.  I want the special bound edition, Blu-Ray highlights of MM, and the special feature "shuuut the FUCK up, Boeheim!" footage.  I have a Sean Spence signed wallet I am willing to part with for it.

I'm learning the Dunk City rap, and getting Otis to gerry up some FGCU gear for me.  I have no idea who any of them are, but their moxie is contagious.  And their coach looks like a gap-toothed 12-year-old.  Ha.  Kids these days.  Seriously, if my brackets are nothing but shake, I want some team like FGCU or the Shockers to fuck everything the fuck up.  Oh boy, Louisville wins, the shit never changes.  Fuck that.  This is the year for some crazy beyond-long odds team to shock the world.

BTW, somewhere in the Harbaugh family lineage someone fucked an eagle.  The children still hatch from eggs.  They have no fucking mice in their yards.  Motherfuckers will shit all over your car and fly off laughing. 

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2013 at 19:46 »

I need to get Greg Anthony's agent. The guy is a HUGE Steelers fan, but other than that what is notable the guy?!? He has more commercials than Billy Mays Hayes this March.

Seth Curry's mother has not lost a step since Steph was carrying Davidson and she was a standout PTPer, baybee.

How is it she can continue on and I am so much lazier than even five years ago to the point that I have told co-workers I cannot play on their co-ed slow-pitch softball team because I am banned from those leagues for deer antler spray abuse and not because I hate those assholes and would rather go home and rest. Life isn't fair.

Oh yeah. Old ladies have make up, perfume, and fancy lotions. They're juicers. The last girl (much younger than me) I was staying with used to have anti-aging body wash in our shower. I jokingly thanked her for buying it and said that it'd do wonders for my wrinkles. On my balls. She pulls over and starts crying " I don't know what you want from me?!?" etc etc. So I got rid of her.

Yes I killed her.

I wonder if Ohio State has ever had a hot cheerleader?

I wonder if "Clee-Anthony" Cleanthony Early has ever been referred to as "Clean-fernee" in his personal life and not just by my asshole friend.

Mountain Dew has a new wake up drink available to "kick-start" your daily quest towards rampant diabetes.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Mar 30, 2013 at 20:18 »

The DirecTV commercials with the "genie" I wanna bang > Deion Sanders flying around as a fairy.

How can Ohio State assistant Greg Paulus bark out instructions and have the kids hear him? I had figured his vocal chords and throat were permanently damaged from all the flopping and ball-tasting he did at Duke. Several YouTube compilations of him getting dunked on. All great.

This ginger Ron Baker is from small town Kansas. The announcers talked about his family getting donations from townsfolk to fund their trip out to LA and the Staples Center to beat the school who trades swag rings and autographs for tattoos. Old-timey cheer.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Apr 01, 2013 at 14:34 »

Guess I shoulda submitted that Michigan over THEE Ohio State University bracket that I had jokingly put together.

Wolverines gonna run this bitch.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Apr 01, 2013 at 17:31 »

The DirecTV commercials with the "genie" I wanna bang
=Derek Jeter's girlfriend.

No way WVU Michigan beats Syracuse and Louisville.  Heard some jagoff on espn radio today talking about how Michigan has "three guaranteed NBA players".  I think he thinks there are trey Burkes.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Apr 01, 2013 at 17:35 »

Didn't Michigan lose this year to Penn State?

Sandusky's laughing.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Apr 02, 2013 at 09:55 »

The DirecTV commercials with the "genie" I wanna bang
=Derek Jeter's girlfriend.

It's Jete's world, we're just living in it.

No way WVU Michigan beats Syracuse and Louisville.  Heard some jagoff on espn radio today talking about how Michigan has "three guaranteed NBA players".  I think he thinks there are trey Burkes.

SU, yes.  Louisville will be extremely tough.  Depends on which team shows up.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: