Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 07:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS NCAA Tourney Pick'em  (Read 3234 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 16:54 »

I knew Pitt was out by the second round for sure, they have no one to score the ball.  But man did they suck today.  Where is Y2J when you need him?

5-1 on the day so far (small #'s are beating big #'s for the most part).  Thx, Pitt.  Had 'em losing to 'Zag next anyways.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 20:04 »

What the hell was Woodall doing?!? 1-12. One assist. Five turnovers. At least two air balls (in fairness one counted as his assist). Pathetic way to go out. George Zimmerman texted me about halfway through to tell me it was the ugliest Travon shooting he'd ever seen.

Louisville is on right now. Pitino is hilarious. No idea how he still has a job in the wake of his ridiculous sex scandal. Banged some slut in an Italian restaurant floor. (No big deal. We've all been there. Glass houses.) Then he like bought her a rack. Paid for an abortion. Then talked her into the equipment manager's job with his team's equipment manager and they were happily married. Until he ran out of hush money and she sued or whatever. Then he challenges the media for criticizing him. 9/11 references and all.

Separately, Pitino owns three thoroughbreds that he has named after his players. Nothing collective, they're individual nickname based. Obviously anybody can name a horse whatever the hell they want but the irony of those horses busting their horse asses to make that horse's ass Pitino rich cracks me up. They get nothing but whipped. And some oats. Or a scholarship.

Last Louisville point I have to make. They have a wing named "Mon-trez Harrell". His first name is spelled Montrezl. He is the personification of a Patriots season in that no matter how things shake out it always ends with an L.

Bucknell was a trendy upset pick but they sucked. Muscala made a case for the most overrated, talentless dude of the tournament. His performance has since been eclipsed by Alec Baldwin of Capital One U.

Madute Bol checks into the game for Southern. My friend hurriedly informs me that the frighteningly skinny, tall center is the son of former NBA freak Manute Bol before the announcer even can. No shit, idiots.

At least it is not spelled Madutel.

This is the best talent of Canadian players I can ever remember in the NCAA Tournament. Pangos from Gonzaga, Bennett from UNLV, former Pitter and noted quitter (must be "French" Canadian) Khem Birch, Stauskas from Michigan is an impressive first day crop. Lots of denim showing up at this Big Dance.

Rex Chapman is horrible as a student analyst. Too passive. Needs to interject and make a few points. Typical Kentucky guy though. Not making enough points. Heyo!!!! Robert Morris just sent me a telegram. He says: "you suuuuuuck!"

Sideline reporter Allie LaForce is the first lock on my all-tournament team. What a talent. Good Lord. Clark Kellogg ain't the only one talking "spurtability". She is the wholesome, attractive type that you'd want to take out on a date. To an Italian restaurant. To fuck on the floor.

Good to see a shirtless Lil Wayne making layups for the "skins" team on that Powerade ad I'll be seeing all month. Healthy switch from the cough syrup, young man. You only live once. YOLO. ETC.

I love the four games at once action. Switching back and forth to avoid commercial breaks. It's nuts. I haven't seen The Rock's face for like 11 minutes.

South Dakota State's PG Nate Wolters is being thoroughly outplayed by Michigan. He seems disrupted by the athleticism of likely all-American Trey Burke and a kid named Tim Hardaway. I could have written this last Sunday night if I wanted.

Louisville used to have another Smith on the team the past couple years. I remember not being able to discern which was NBA J.R. Smith's brother. Until the one graduated and this kid got neck tattoos.

I was really pulling for Southern to pull off the historic upset of #1 seed Gonzaga. I was spitballing the screenplay for the underdog 16-seed of fast, tall black kids from down south doing the impossible and beating long-haired Kelly Oleynik, John Stockton's son, and three other white guys to give us all a new perspective.

Really upset Oklahoma State let me down and wrecked my bracket. Only went with them because Marcus Smart was my favorite player in the tournament. He costs me hundreds of dollars today. I have a new favorite player in the tournament. His name is everybody else.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 20:50 »

Apparently punk teenager jackass college boy!! Khem Birch's blonde streak of hair wasn't natural. Or, it was, and he just dyed it back to black?

I stayed home from work today to watch the games. Caught Mike and Mike on ESPN TV. Had forgotten about those lames. Golic kept mentioning that he was picking against ND. It was in a jinxing their opponent kind of way. Not in a I've learned my lesson from spending all of fall and winter vastly overhyping up a football team with my two sons and that pathological liar Mormon Hawaiian linebacker with the fake dead girlfriend that should've lost to Pitt at home.

Fully expecting Jamie Dixon to move on to USC in the coming weeks. He was a great coach for Pitt. Was absolutely the correct choice to replace Howland and not the two guys I pushed for. Because Skip Prosser is dead. And Calipari is a cheater who can't beat Bobby Mo!!!!

If he goes I'd love to see Orlando Antigua get consideration over a Howland return and an ascending Brandon Knight. He is a top recruiter and is Penso's mate.

What the fuck is that show NCIS about? America's #1 show!! I've never met anyone that watches it. It has a gray-haired pensive looking dude and a rocking goth chick who is probably in her forties.

44 points, UNLV?!? For being the 'Running Rebels' they sure do a hell of a lot of walking it up. And adhering for that matter.

March. CBS. "A tradition, unlike any other." Syracuse is getting investigated again. Southerland ineligible most of the year. Fab Melo ineligible last year. Boeheim abusing reporters. Bernie Fein kiddie fiddling. I'm sure it is all unwarranted.

Akron had sick uniforms last year. They changed them this year for the worse. VCU wins that battle. Love the black n gold scheme.

"MMMM ON MY WAYY, ON MY WAY..." Enterprise can die for still using the most annoying song of the 19-hundred-90's for all these commercials.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 21:01 »

I knew Pitt was out by the second round for sure, they have no one to score the ball.  But man did they suck today.  Where is Y2J when you need him?

Drinking.

And I could never score the ball. Just had broad shoulders and would clatter into the lane and get fouled.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 21:23 »

Banged some slut in an Italian restaurant floor. (No big deal. We've all been there. Glass houses.)

I think that's the lyrics to a Billy Joel song. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 22:21 »

Shame about friend of a friend Brian Walsh of Akron suffering through the flu and this VCU Tenacious D.

I am also suffering from flu-like symptoms when Verne refers to him as Blair Walsh. Wrong sport. Someone get in his ear.

Iverson rocking the compression sleeve for Colorado State but not the tattoos. Fuck practice.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013 at 22:27 by Y2Joyce » Logged

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2013 at 22:46 »

I bet Mizzou teammates roll their eyes at all the old-time basketball stories they hear about Flip Pressey's father or the time Kemba Walker won a championship for starting center Alex Oriakhi.

I picked Akron to beat VCU. It is 88-41 to the bad. I am certain it's the worst loss I have ever taken in the tournament score-wise. There's a bunch more games tomorrow though so they shouldn't celebrate.

I picked Missouri to reach the final last year and in 1990. In 90 I wept and re-did a bracket. Last year I just wept. That's a reflection of how I was raised. Also it was St Pat's Day weekend and I put my liver in a sling.

Why would I fucking pick them again? Ugh.

How funny was that review with Marcus Smart flopping vs Kyle Singler's baby bro? Delicious irony since the Duke grad was the king of flopping. No. No. The correct answer is not funny at all because they lost the game and I lost my shirt.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 09:09 »

Man, I fuckin' missed Y2J.

Classic shit right there.  Too many to cite.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 12:50 »

Man, I fuckin' missed Y2J.

Classic shit right there.  Too many to cite.

Yeah, that's some gonzo-esque ramblin' right there.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2013 at 13:32 »

When did Kyle Broflofski go to Wisconsin?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: