Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 12:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Morrow Trade.  (Read 3002 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 15:52 »

Depres back up.  Letang out for 7-10 days

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 22:47 »

I actually really like the Morrow deal. We gave up a prospect at a position that we are currently stock-piled with, and a 5th round pick. We also got a 3rd round pick back, and a proven vet that we're gonna need come playoff time. I think Morrow can still play, and I think he fills a role that we were really missing in last season's early playoff exit.

Don't know too much about Murray. Although, I like the idea of a guy who can bring some more physicality to the team. I hope it's not at the expense of good defense though. We'll see, I guess.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 00:45 »

I read earlier that Iginla to Boston was a done deal, but I just got an update on my phone... He's a Penguin! Still waiting to hear who we gave up.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 06:11 »

Holy Crap.

Besides the first round pick, they gave up basically nothing.  I still think the Murray trade sucks (if this was Murray 2 years ago I would have liked it) and the Morrow trade is growing on me.  Damn though, we can run three fucking killer lines out there now not counting double shifting Sid and Geno.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Neal-Malkin-Morrow
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Adams-Jeffery/Vitale-Kennedy/Bennett

Yeah.  I'm sure they'll at least try Morrow on the 2nd line for a while, maybe move bennett back if it doesn't work.  They'll probably keep Glass in the line-up too but I wouldn't

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2013 at 21:39 »

All the trades are looking great right about now.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #15 on: Apr 18, 2013 at 05:42 »

Yeah if you include Sutter every goal last night came from a player Shero acquired this season.  When I see #10 skating around out there I can only think of one thing:  Scary Gary version 2.0.

WWBMD?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: