Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverback: "Buzz off!"  (Read 550 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 26, 2013 at 11:18 »

Don't understand this.

James coming back at a reduced price, why not?   But the most puzzling thing is why the FO would be willing to sign him at 30% discount, then turn around and not be interested, period?  Unless it's a bargaining ploy.  What's changed in the meantime?  Did we sign some OLB depth I'm unaware of?

Cold.  Just cold.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2013 at 17:03 »

Maybe it's because there's still dead money against the cap from his release? I got nothing.

Someone's gonna get a decent year out of him at a bargain basement price.  Wish it was us.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2013 at 11:16 »

Worth the headache when he was chalking up double digit sacks and generally making life very difficult for opposing offenses and their coordinators.  Now, not so much.

Someone's gonna get a decent year out of him at a bargain basement price.  Wish it was us.

^^^

Still maintain his lack of production was directly attributable to him playing at about 75% for most of the season.  If he's healthy and motivated, he can still be effective; especially at his current market price.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2013 at 09:08 »

Worth the headache when he was chalking up double digit sacks and generally making life very difficult for opposing offenses and their coordinators.  Now, not so much.

^^^

Still maintain his lack of production was directly attributable to him playing at about 75% for most of the season.  If he's healthy and motivated, he can still be effective; especially at his current market price.

It is concerning that his production dropped off so sharply after all of the fines and possible suspensions though. I think he realized that no-one really (I mean really) had his back for the way he was playing and he was like why should I keep doing this out of my own pocket. It's short term thinking really (since the contract is worth so much more than the fines), but the new rules seem to have had a monumental affect on Harrison's play. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs on for chump change somewhere and plays fairly well, but I think in any game against the Steelers, he will be back to his old self and won't care about the fines, but will play as mean and well as he always had (assuming he is really healthy of course). I'll hate him for it, but I never really thought what he did was illegal or malicious either, so what can you do.

I think most of the drop off could have been avoided by Tomlin (and the other Steelers management) making a strong stand for their player, but that would have been against the rest of the league. Tough position for both sides, but I would understand if James felt he was fighting the battle alone in 2011 and decided that he had enough of it in 2012.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: