Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 13:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1 - Penguins vs. Islanders  (Read 4390 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013 at 08:39 »

Not much to say about that abortion of an effort.  They didn't look good even when up 3-1 and I hate giving up a game at home with that kind of lead.  Please please please get fucking Engelland out of the lineup for Depres.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013 at 11:34 »

Not much to say about that abortion of an effort.  They didn't look good even when up 3-1 and I hate giving up a game at home with that kind of lead.  Please please please get fucking Engelland out of the lineup for Depres.

Agree.  Paul Martin needs to sack up too.  He had absolutely no ability or desire to clear the crease.  No matter what garbage these Canadian announcers spew, he has not improved enough.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013 at 15:43 »

No business winning that game.  Outworked on the boards, zero forecheck, zero cycle, poor passing, a free ride through the neutral zone for the isles, and dangerous only to ourselves trying to get out of our end.  Eaton had a nightmare, Niskanen not much better. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013 at 09:22 »

No business winning that game.  Outworked on the boards, zero forecheck, zero cycle, poor passing, a free ride through the neutral zone for the isles, and dangerous only to ourselves trying to get out of our end.  Eaton had a nightmare, Niskanen not much better. 

Yeah that game was the definition of stealing one.  I'm having concerns about their ability to generate any even strength offense against this team.  I said the Pens in 6 I think and I'm sticking with that for now but the outcome of tommorrow night IMO is going to decide this series.

Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013 at 15:44 »

Neal and Orpik both praticed today.  Orpik has had a pretty disappointing season by his standards, but he's going to be a huge improvement over Engelland and Depres. 
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013 at 08:38 »

Anyone else having fun watching one of the most talented rosters in the league piss away another playoff series?  I'll go on record right now that if Fluery starts game 5 we lose this series.  I'm sure Bylsma will wait until it's 2-0 Isles to yank him. 
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013 at 12:33 »

Anyone else having fun watching one of the most talented rosters in the league piss away another playoff series?  I'll go on record right now that if Fluery starts game 5 we lose this series.  I'm sure Bylsma will wait until it's 2-0 Isles to yank him. 

What the hell is up with him? Started the series so good with that 5-0 shutout, then fell apart in every game since. At least they managed to win game 3 in spite of trying everything they could to lose it. Same with this past game. Last night's game wouldn't even have been close if it wasn't for some terrible officiating against the Isles. I actually felt for the fans and figured there would be a riot - mostly justified - if the Pens ended up winning.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013 at 13:05 »

He has been outplayed each of the past 3 years in the postseason by people like Jaroslav Halak, Dwayne Roloson, and Ilya Bryzgalov.  His save percentage the last 4 postseasons, including this year, .891, .899, .834, .891.  Those are bottom of the league type numbers.  If you take away the 5-0 shutout (26 saves) he's been worse this year than ever.  The first, third, and sixth goals last night were some of the worst I've ever seen. 

He should have been yanked last night after the 3rd goal, which was beyond pathetic.  People like to point to the defense but every goal with the exception of the Tavares goal that went off Murray's skate was his fault.  And I'll add when you are one of the highest payed goaltenders in the league, YOU NEED TO STEAL A GAME ONCE IN A WHILE.  Make a goddamn save once in a while.

I'd play Vokoun for the duration and I'd seriously consider amnesty for Fluery next year.  Two more years on that albatross of a contract of 5.5 per year or whatever could be put to better use than on an average goaltender.

I know this is somewhat of an annoying rant but it has been three straight years of this shit, gut wrenching goals, horribly misplayed pucks, inability to stop a beachball, flopping around like a spazzed out frog etc.  I want him on his ass for the rest of this series, and if Vokoun wins the series then the rest of the playoffs.

Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013 at 13:08 »

Vokoun in tomorrow night per various twitter.  Now I actually feel like watching.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013 at 22:39 »

I've been a vocal Fleury supporter in the past, but enough is enough.  Let's see what Vokoun can do.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: