Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 23, 2014 at 19:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1 - Penguins vs. Islanders  (Read 3686 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: May 01, 2013 at 16:45 »

Thought we could use some new threads in here.

Similar to the gameday threads for the Steelers.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013 at 21:33 »

Really hard to find fault with that game.  PP clicked, PK clicked, better team at even strength.

I expect the Isles to come out and try to muscle us next game, because, though they looked fast early on, it's clear they can't skate 4 lines deep with us.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013 at 23:41 »

Really hard to find fault with that game.  PP clicked, PK clicked, better team at even strength.

I expect the Isles to come out and try to muscle us next game, because, though they looked fast early on, it's clear they can't skate 4 lines deep with us.

Most impressed with Fleury as well.  Just gotta get him going;once he is settled in, he is all-world.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013 at 05:43 »

Yeah they were already starting to goon it up in the 3rd. Great performance all around, hard to pick stars when the whole team plays that well but Morrow, Murray, and Bennett really stood out for me.  Bennett simply cannot be scratched, even when Sid is back and if Neal is ok.  he is just so solid in every aspect of his game, the kid is going to be a star.

Of course I'm annoyed by Neal and Jokinen injuries.  I know it's the Stanley Cup playoffs and shit is going to happen, but much like the Steelers season it would be nice to have our whole fucking team on the ice for one damn game.  My guess is Jokinen is ok but who the hell knows with Neal at this point.
scballersc

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013 at 06:40 »

Mark Madden tweeted that his locker room source says both are fine and well.  Neither injury looked bad- Jokinens' was late in the game so obvious decision to take him out there.  Neal actually got back up and continued on power play before heading for dressing room.

BB is great.  You have to scratch Glass for Crosby.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013 at 06:46 by scballersc » Logged
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013 at 07:14 »

Thanks, didn't see that tweet from Madden.  I would hope they scratch Glass or even Adams when Sid's healthy.  Bennett just brings so much more than either of those guys, and with Dupuis, Sutter, Cooke, Jokinen, Morrow, hell even Kunitz they have enough forwards that kill penalties.  I definitely don't see them scratching Adams though since Bylsma loves him.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013 at 12:44 »

Crosby returns tonight. Anyone know the lines from the morning skate?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013 at 14:28 »

Crosby returns tonight. Anyone know the lines from the morning skate?

No clue on the lines from this morning, but in my opinion he should be kept together with Kunitz and Dupuis.  He's says he is (most?) comfortable with that.  No need to overload the top line with offensive talent at the cost of certain synergies that work very well for Kunitz and Dupuis (Crosby) and Neal (Malkin).
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013 at 15:47 »

Sid was with Dupuis and Kunitz in the morning skate and on the # 1 PP unit. Lines were as follows:

14-87-9
19-71-12
10-16-24
27-36-15

Iggy slides to Neal's spot, Bennett moves up to the second line.  Jokinen gets Adams and Glass.  I'd still play Kunitz with malkin and Neal when everyone is healthy and put Iginla on Sids right wing.  Porbably not going to happen though.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013 at 15:53 »

I'd still play Kunitz with malkin and Neal when everyone is healthy and put Iginla on Sids right wing.  Porbably not going to happen though.

Right.  Because it seems we're ever gonna get everyone healthy!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: