Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 19, 2014 at 13:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2 - Penguins vs. Senators  (Read 3447 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: May 12, 2013 at 18:40 »

Here's to a better showing than in round 1.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013 at 20:21 »

I think we match up better in this series.  I hope we match up better in this series.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013 at 21:58 »

Penso. If I recall you are from the NYC area.  Was watching the MSG postgame for shits and giggles.  Not Surprisingly, each of the Isles analysts were so eager to talk about how the Pens were in for it against the Senators and how poorly we matched up against the big blue line of the Sens.  I tend to disagree with what they were spewing and agree more with you... But then again, I thought the Islanders series would be a cake walk.  I sure hope this teams comes out with a different mindset, I.e. sacks up, because this is sure to be physical.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013 at 08:40 »

Penso. If I recall you are from the NYC area.  Was watching the MSG postgame for shits and giggles.  Not Surprisingly, each of the Isles analysts were so eager to talk about how the Pens were in for it against the Senators and how poorly we matched up against the big blue line of the Sens.  I tend to disagree with what they were spewing and agree more with you... But then again, I thought the Islanders series would be a cake walk.  I sure hope this teams comes out with a different mindset, I.e. sacks up, because this is sure to be physical.

I'm not nearly as fluent in hockey analysis as I am in football, but my impression of the Penguins is that they match up much better with a slower, physical team than a quick one that frustrates them by not allowing a clean carry into the offensive zone. I think the quickness and skill of the Penguins will be able to handle the Senators physicality much better than the Islanders quickness and the way they bottled up the stretch passes and clean breaks.

That is unless the Senators found something in the tape of the Islanders series that they can use to exploit the Penguins.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013 at 10:19 »

Anderson is much, much better than Nabokov but I simply can't see Ottawa outscoring the Penguins.  Anderson is much more likely to steal a game though.

I realize the NHL is waiting to see if they will have the Leafs available for the next two Saturday nights, but if Boston wins apparently the Penguins/Sens will play Saturday night after playing Friday night.  So after game 1 there's 72 hours between games then they'll possibly play back to back Friday and Saturday?  The NHL is still the most poorly run professional organization in sports.

Predicitons:

Penguins in 6, Blackhawks in 7, and San Jose in 7. 
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013 at 10:49 »

I'm from the 'burgh, but I live in NYC, yeah.  I didn't catch the postgame (was watching at a bar that became overrun with Knicks fan yelling WOOOOOO after every 1st quarter bucket.  Left the second the Pens scored) but I agree with you and the others who have posted since.  Ottawa plays a wholly different style from NYI, and, best case scenario, we should be able to actually get a forecheck and cycle going in this series.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013 at 17:20 »

If nothing else, I'm just excited to not have to watch the Pens on MSG+ for another series. What a god awful network. Never thought I'd say it, but I fucking missed NBCS.

Think the Pens win this series, but I think it goes to 7.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013 at 21:29 »

Great start to the series.  Funny how fast a team will wilt when they get down to 5 defenders.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013 at 08:26 »

Special teams, baby.

Not a fan of pairing Murray with Engelland at all, but even I'm not going to bitch after a solid win.  Let's go up 2-0 Friday night!
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013 at 22:44 »

Fucking sweet.  Murray/Engelland exposed again as per merman, but still a win is a win. 

I haven't experienced a 4-3 win that felt like a 7-2 game since the early 90's.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: