Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 05:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brad Thiessen  (Read 556 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: May 23, 2013 at 12:41 »

First off, congrats to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins for overcoming a 3-0 series deficit and coming back to win the series. That's unbelievable!

Apparently Brad Thiessen is having himself one hell of a postseason. This is from a Puck Daddy article:

Games 1 and 2 were dominated by the Bruins, with 8-5 and 4-2 victories. They took Game 3 in overtime 2-1, but beginning with Game 4, it was Brad Thiessen time. The Penguins netminder took control and slowed the Bruins’ offense over the next three games making 31, 30 and 46 saves, respectively, forcing a seventh and deciding game, even after getting jumped by Graham Mink in Game 5 during a brawl.
Thiessen's shutout in Game 7 improved his already ridiculous stats. He leads all goaltenders with a 0.89 goals against average and a .970 save-percentage; he's also stopped 196 of 202 shots he's faced in seven starts. So, yeah, Thiessen's in some sort of zone right now.

I admit I know very little about this guy, but any chances he's ready sooner rather than later to move up to the bigs? If this guy can play, and we could get MAF off the books I'd sure feel a hell of a lot better about resigning Letang and Geno after next season. Does anyone else feel like Fleury has played himself out of Pittsburgh?

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ahl-wilkes-barre-scranton-penguins-oust-providence-bruins-014539555.html

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013 at 01:40 »

It may be that Fleury is done, but Thiessen is no, not the answer.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013 at 09:30 »

It may be that Fleury is done, but Thiessen is no, not the answer.

I agree with this, but I would still amnesty Fluery after the season. We have Vokoun for another year and hey can easily bring in another vet that can split time with Vokoun and at least equal but probably best Fluery's average Save % and GAA and not cost 5 million per. Fluery is simply average or below average in every statistical category that matters an that 5 million could be put to better use extending the core players who, you know, actually perform.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: