Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 12:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pittsburgh Pirates  (Read 5666 times)
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2013 at 11:01 »

but I like what I've seen from Snyder. 

Really?  I think he sucks.  No power, no field, nothing I can see or have seen.  RF seems to me the one place the Pirates can reasonably afford to upgrade.

I feel like I put the mush on Snyder.  I don't think he's had a hit in weeks and may have played his way out of a job.  I really thought he could give us a bit more than Presley/Tabata.  Tabata's been playing well so let's hope it continues.

My dad had been saying that he thought Walker didn't look right and maybe was playing with lingering back issues.  Sure enough he went on the DL.  Sucks.  A healthy Walker hitting .265+ is important to our team.

Sanchez continues to strike out with men on base.  Our current starting shortstop is hitting .200.  I still wonder how Grilli will pitch in the second half.  Our pitching remains superb and has been a pleasure to watch.  It'd be nice to see a couple more bats get hot again.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2013 at 15:51 »

Went to the game last night, it great booing Wright and then Pedro crushing that one in his first at bat was awesome.  After that there was dick from the bats.

Going tonight and tomorrow as well.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2013 at 16:18 »

Alvarez has been everything and more. A little more contact would make this team for real. Penso have fun in the Burgh as I am in your neck of the woods, well not Brooklyn but the west village visiting school friends.  Go Pirates and here's to watching the game amongst Mets fans.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #13 on: Jul 13, 2013 at 17:22 »

Went to the game last night, it great booing Wright and then Pedro crushing that one in his first at bat was awesome.  After that there was dick from the bats.

Going tonight and tomorrow as well.

I'm jealous.  I've been back in Western PA a bunch this summer, but for various reasons it hasn't worked out to get to the ballpark.  It was sweet when Pedro hit that homer.  Have fun!
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jul 30, 2013 at 23:08 »

Fucking sweet double header sweep.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #15 on: Jul 30, 2013 at 23:44 »

One more big win tomorrow please.

Check that, this is a 5 game series?Huh?....so two more big wins.  St. Louis then heads to Cinci, where they will hopefully beat one-another up followed by another series with the Cards in the second week of August.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2013 at 10:11 by scballersc » Logged
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2013 at 13:27 »

That was quite a homestand.  When we get ANY production at all from the bottom of the lineup we're tough to beat and exciting to watch.  Liriano tonight.  Walker swinging the bat better is nice to see.

Just heard on NY WFAN that the pirates offered Marte, Cole +nobodies for Stanton + nobodies.  I can't believe that's true.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2013 at 13:32 by DrRockit » Logged
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #17 on: Aug 11, 2013 at 06:44 »

Sorry for the double post.  2 ugly outings in Colorado.  Apparently the thin air only affects the visiting pitchers' curveballs....

Question for the group:  What do you offer Burnett next year?  Do you think someone out there offers him a fat 3 year contract.  I would certainly pay for 1, maybe 2, but not 3 years.
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2013 at 06:50 by DrRockit » Logged
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 14, 2013 at 23:12 »

Question for the group:  What do you offer Burnett next year?  Do you think someone out there offers him a fat 3 year contract.  I would certainly pay for 1, maybe 2, but not 3 years.

How much longer do the Yankees pay for him?  Is that up this year?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
DrRockit
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #19 on: Aug 17, 2013 at 06:35 »

How much longer do the Yankees pay for him?  Is that up this year?

Pretty sure he's a free agent at the end of the year.

We played the Cardinals tough.  It was heartbreaking when Marte dropped that fly ball.  Nice rebound win yesterday against Arizona.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: