Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 02:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013: First cut-down  (Read 469 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 25, 2013 at 18:39 »

Some surprises here.

The Steelers made 15 roster moves today, reducing their roster to the league-mandated 75 players prior to Tuesday’s 4 p.m. deadline.

The Steelers have placed linebacker Sean Spence on the team’s Reserve/Physically Unable To Perform (PUP) List. In addition, the team has placed offensive guard Justin Cheadle and cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke on the team’s Waived/Injured List.

The Steelers have released offensive tackle D’Anthony Batiste, running back Baron Batch, offensive tackle Mike Farrell, wide receiver David Gilreath, wide receiver Tyler Shaw, cornerback Ryan Steed, linebacker Stevenson Sylvester, tight end Peter Tuitupou, quarterback John Parker Wilson, wide receiver J.D. Woods and running back Jeremy Wright.

The Steelers have also placed rookie defensive end Nick Williams on the Reserve/Injured List.

The Steelers conclude their preseason slate at the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. at Bank of America Stadium.

Pittsburgh must reduce its roster to 53 players by Saturday at 6 p.m.

Still carrying Spence, so they must be hopeful he can make a year 3 return.  Cheadle I am less surprised at, DVD somewhat so, but not a major shocker.  Batiste was coming, Batch was a quality kid but fate was sealed with Felix, Farrell, Gilreath, Shaw, no surpirses. Steed, yup.  Sly Sylvester was a mild surprise, but this was his year to step up, and instead a bunch of other ILBs did.  Go young.  Tuitupou and Wilson, best to ya.  JD Woods was surprising, I liked his ability and thought he needed more time in PS2 and PS3, but Moye and Brown showed more I suppose: hope he makes the PS, seriously.  Jeremy Wright... was on the team?

Nick Williams, they are hiding.  He's got upside.  Sort of a Keisel kinda guy?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2013 at 07:44 »

JD Woods was surprising, I liked his ability and thought he needed more time in PS2 and PS3, but Moye and Brown showed more I suppose: hope he makes the PS, seriously.  Jeremy Wright... was on the team?

Nick Williams, they are hiding.  He's got upside.  Sort of a Keisel kinda guy?

I kind of wonder if they're trying to hide Woods by cutting him early and hoping that other teams aren't paying as much attention to him as they would be if he was one of the final cuts at the last second.
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2013 at 07:47 by kluisi61 » Logged

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: