Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 02:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Steelers forecast  (Read 3941 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Aug 30, 2013 at 07:30 »

I think this nails the final roster.

I wonder if they can trade Dwyer to Hairyarms?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Aug 30, 2013 at 10:27 »

I think this nails the final roster.

I wonder if they can trade Dwyer to Hairyarms?

Interesting.

No Dwyer would be a surprise considering when Bell went down, I figured him to be in line to start.  Maybe I was just off in my expectations.  At this point, I don't know what to think.  Sadly, I think Felix is probably the "best weapon" they currently have available at tailback.  Pretty sad considering he was on somebody else's roster a few weeks ago.  Hope Bell is a fast healer.

Moye over Brown?  Brown seems to be more athletic to me with greater upside.  Not discounting what Moye has shown, I just think that people are quick to jump on that wagon because we've seen a lot of him in the last two preseason games.

Something I didn't expect?  Depth at DL.  Lotta interesting prospects there.  I'd be interested to see what Arnfelt could do in games that count.

Biggest worry?  The back seven on defense.  IMO, this LB corp is the weakest starting group that I can remember with marginal depth.  We'll see if they can improve on their ability to get to/pressure the QB from last year.  My gut tells me they won't.  Starting secondary is fine, but quality depth at corner is a concern.  An injury to either Taylor or Allen and they're royally fucked.

Frankly, the only way I think they have a chance at being a top 10 defense is if everybody stays healthy.  Even then, it'll take some Comeback Player of the Year type performances from the likes of #43 and #56 to get them into that category.

I have a feeling that this team will have to average in the mid to upper 20s if they're going to make the playoffs.  Don't see them holding teams in the teens on average like in years past.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Aug 30, 2013 at 11:32 »

Bell's out of the boot and will see some (maybe limited action) early.  IMO, Redman is fine and can be the guy for now, and LSH has shown awesome burst.  And Felix may have beaten Dwyer just by being solid and making good decisions, as opposed to 2 fumbles/10 carries and some questionable cuts.  We'll see.

Moye has shown some nice moves after the catch, and is a high-effort guy (the INT).  He was better than Brown at PSU, and he's better here.  Unless it comes down to ST play.

Yeah, really like Arnfelt and Nick Williams.  Love the hell outta Woods right now.  Wanted to see more from Ta'amu and Fangupo, and if they keep one or the other that's a tough call IMO.  I think Fang is more of a natural 34NT right now, but he's older, and Ta'amu has size and youth.

OLB will be fine, with Worilds ceding to Jones; Carter showed a little against the kitties, but otherwise I wouldn't count on him.  Baxter actually seems like a nice developmental prospect there.  The ILB depth is IMO pretty good, with Williams and Rolle leading Wilson and Garvin.  But you get to the DBs and fuck it looks nasty.  Curtis Brown has progressed not one fucking bit, which is a shame, nice speed/size guy.  Maybe some of these guys like Hawthorne and Green can become something, but the secondary looks shameful right now.

Biggest concerns, secdary, OL, STs.  New boss, same as the old boss.  NOTHING this team does this season will surprise me.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Aug 30, 2013 at 12:55 »

NOTHING this team does this season will surprise me.

FORETEEEN AND TOO!!!!!!! TANK U SOO MUSH!!!!!! NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Aug 30, 2013 at 14:38 »

Fourteen and two, two and fourteen, anything in between.  But not 15-1, 16-0, 1-15, or 0-16.  That's just crazy talk.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Aug 30, 2013 at 18:35 »

Bubble guy, Kion Wilson.  Another quality character like Baron Batch and Shamarko Thomas. 

He's shown some good stuff, hope for the best for this kid whatever the Turk may bring.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Aug 31, 2013 at 15:29 »

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Miller-activated-Dwyer-among-22-cuts/cc90b66d-3f13-4d5f-9d55-fc9ab19b875b
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 19:24 »

Butler waived.  Zoltan Mesko signed

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Sep 03, 2013 at 10:20 »

Like it. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: