Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 23, 2014 at 09:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #2 - Pittsburgh @ Washington  (Read 7947 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 06:41 »

At least there were plenty of turnovers!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 07:07 »

Their tight end in situation is pretty dire. I don't want to rush Heath back and there isn't much else available on the waived wire... but Paulson sucks, McCoy is JaG and Palmer may not make the final 53.  Tuman/Matt Cushing bad

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:05 »

Bell with a foot.  Awesome.

*closes eyes and crosses fingers*

Please don't be a lisfranc.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:23 »

Wow, usually our Oline doesn't look that bad until we are 3-4 injuries in.

Dwyer was maddeningly inconsistent to me.  Some runs where he showed great footwork, looked like a young Bettis.  But misread some blocks - reciever on one had CB nicely sealed outside, and Dwyer runs right into him instead of cutting inside for an easy 5 yards.  And the fumble was sad.

I hope they cut Whimper before they left Washington.  Not worth the extra fuel to fly his fat ass home.

Defense looked pretty solid overall, considering the turnovers by the O.  Nice to see Woodley show up for a play.

Looking for a lot of 16-13 games this year.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 11:36 »

Hope this is just growing pains with the ZBS.  Our OL1-7 are set, and beyond that we are royally fucked.  No need even pretending with Whimp, Batiste, or Long.  Had some hope Long would show something besides a day late and a dollar short.  Fuck ALL of them.  Better off scouring waivers for other teams' castoffs.  IMO, the best OL8 and OL9 were probably Embernate and Cheadle.  Oh well.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 14:41 »

I know it's only the preseason, but...whatever you do, don't watch one of Cleveland's first two games.  You'll only be more aggravated.

They're basically the antithesis of what we've seen from Pittsburgh so far; effective, sharp and ready to play.  Weeden looks improved and overall, their defense appears to have taken a couple (several?) steps forward.

A lot is going to fall on #7's shoulders this year.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Aug 21, 2013 at 06:56 »

Bell not thought to have a Lisfranc, in a walking boot.

We'll see with the Browns.  Weeden probably feels the pressure to put together a good season before he hits the age when he can collect Social Security.  Browns for several years have had some interesting parts but nothing resembling a cohesive whole, sort of like a box of toys, most of them broken or shabby.  When you see the first how many plays from Haley go run, run, run, run...  It's clear they're evaluating one particular phase of execution, and it's not how the regular season will be.  The defense can key on run and make us look silly.  D&D on passing yards then becomes equally obvious.  Not happy with how sloppy we were, but not going to compare a crisp Browns team to a shitty Steelers team in the pre.  Give me the Steelers every damned time once September rolls around.

We have plenty of concerns.  Implementing the ZBS.  STs.  Gimpy TEs.  Gimpy DBs.  But we have time to put it together, so let's just see what they do.  If we jumped off the bridge after every sloppy preseason we'd be dead many times over by now.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Aug 21, 2013 at 08:51 »

*whew*

If we jumped off the bridge after every sloppy preseason we'd be dead many times over by now.

icon_thumright

Wait a sec, where's this voice of reason coming from?? 

Who are you and what have you done with our ornery Bastard?? 

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: