Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 13:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 1 - Sept. 8 - Tennessee @ Pittsburgh  (Read 6047 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 15:13 »

So when is the draft?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 15:13 »

Next week:

Ravens 1-1, Bengals 1-1, Steelers 0-2, Browns 0-2.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 15:20 »

Foote and Pouncey are done.  Foote, ruptured biceps.  Pouncey, ACL & MCL.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 15:20 »

Not knowing the extent of Pouncey's injury, we couldn't use the IR-Designated to Return tag on him (if the prognosis suggested a return this season) because we already used it on a backup TE?

Edit:  I guess Finny's note above answers it.  That said, still stupid to place that tag on a backup TE. 

Decastro is a Stanford, allegedly full of smarts kinda guy, right?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 15:20 »

I heard that Aaron Hernandez was spotted in a Get Well Soon Pouncey hat.
Pain

« Reply #45 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 15:26 »

Deebo may end up murdering Ben next week. I don't know if I wanna watch it.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 16:08 »

I'm supposed to go to the damn game in Cincy next week.

Anyone want to buy a ticket?

I'm still the one with the boobs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 16:29 »

Need remotes.  Send money.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 20:12 »

In the post-game PC, Tomlin says the performance wasn't acceptable, that he won't accept it.  I'm afraid he'll have to, most weeks.  This team has zero depth along the OL, demonstrated most recently by bringing in Cody Wallace who has bounced around from PS to PS and should not be an option for this team.  Max Starks was never mistaken for an All-Pro or even Marvel Smith at his prime.  But Marcus Gilbert is worse.  I would have at least brought Starks in to camp and let him battle it out with Gilbert (v. bringing in Whimper for any reason).  The Steelers drafted no OL this year.  Extended Foster, who looked horrible in the preseason and today.  It isn't going to get better on the OL.  I thought I had seen the worst in recent years but this year will be worse than anything seen in the last 5-6 years.  Two years of losing a starter due to another OL falling in to him.  I'm unsure as to what Decastro was thinking there.  Ben may not make it to the Bye week.

While far less of an issue, the TE situation sucks.  I realize Paulson is the 3rd string TE but he brings nothing as a blocker and I didn't see anything thrown his way today.  Miller should not be rushed back.  Spaeth should have been placed on regular IR.  Palmer is JaG and David Johnson would be better used as a FB but they already have that guy in Will Johnson. 

I thought the WRs did as much as they could do.  Would like Wheaton more involved, but I'd say the same for Felix Jones today.

Redman was horrific.  Not sure if the first fumble was on him but the second was.  One hopes Leveon Bell can bring more to the table.  Howling was a very poor choice for pass pro.  I'd assume Wil Johnson could do a better job if Redman was pulled at that point..  Finding a competent RB shouldn't be that difficult. 

It is going to be a very long season. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: Sep 08, 2013 at 21:01 »

It's been so long since I've posted that I'm surprised my "rights" have not been revoked.

That was a hideous performance today, and I'm honestly concerned that the Steelers could be the worst team in the league. I mean, the Jets won, the Bills made a game of it, and even Terrell Pryor and the Raiders competed. Stillers barely got out of the locker room.

I hate to even bring it up, as I griped endlessly about Arians, but does any of the offensive performance fall on Haley? They just don't look like they even have a clue, and clearly running the football is not an option. Can Ben throw a slant pass at all? Slip screen? Anything to stay in one piece?

I also have to question the ongoing tenure of Colbert. I know that we're in Cap Hell right now, but the lack of talent and/or depth on this roster is stunning.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: