Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 21:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 7 - Oct. 20 - Baltimore @ Pittsburgh  (Read 3358 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 17, 2013 at 11:34 »

Don't like being the 2.5 favorite, but I do think we have a good chance to win this.  Have to do better vs. the run, and then double down on Torrey Smith and don't allow the long ball.  On offense, no turnovers, keep Suggs out of Ben's face, just keep slinging it to AB, Heat, Sanders, Bell. 

Feels like another 16-13 kinda game.  Hoping we come out on top. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 12:03 »

I'm really not seeing it. Hope that I'm just channeling my inner pessimist here, but I don't see how the offensive line can handle Ngata and Suggs. I think the Ratbirds will continue to improve on defense, and it's hard for me to believe that we can muster enough to stop the run game.

And then there's this:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/16/jarvis-jones-misses-practice-with-head-injury/  (Apologies for posting a Florio link)

On the other hand, the Ravoons have been known to soil the bed, as has their QB...here's to hoping he has a game/playcalling like he did vs. Buffalo. But I doubt it, particularly coming off their mediocre performance last week.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 13:37 »

I just don't think the Ravens O is anything.  Rice has been dinged, and Pierce is OK, but the passing game is Torrey Smith, and little else.  The D is going to get after Ben, but if he can get the ball out quickly and avoid turnovers that's the key.  Hasn't Ngata been dinged up too?

As for Jarvis, well, what he done so far?  I mean, a couple of nice plays, shows some OK run stoppage, but if he sits a week it won't kill us.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 15:38 »

Think the number is down to -1.  Depends where you look, tho.  This is Baltimore's 3rd road game of their last 4 games.

On offense, no turnovers, keep Suggs out of Ben's face

Key.

*initiate air quotes usage*

I'm not gonna call it a "must win" because in the NFL (16 game "season"), they're all "must wins," but this is definitely a "turning point" in their season.  Win and they're right back in it in the AFCN.  A loss puts them at 1-5; not mathematically eliminated, but might as well be.  Would likely finish somewhere in the 11-16 range and possibly flirt with a top 10 pick .

Was really hoping to have Brown at tackle for this one.  Beachum is gonna need a lot of help.  Maybe they can just line Adams up as eligible on the weak side for support the entire game.  Single back set.  Let Bell pick his spots when they run it.  Or, just go 4 wide and force the defense out of their base D and into nickel.

I don't see this one as a low scoring affair.  Both defenses are far from great and will definitely give up some points.  26-20 or something like that.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2013 at 20:39 »

Or, just go 4 wide and force the defense out of their base D and into nickel.

This.

I've said all year that I felt the Ravens would improve on D as the season progresses. We'll see if, for once, I might be right. Would love to be wrong.

As for Jarvis, well, what he done so far?  I mean, a couple of nice plays, shows some OK run stoppage, but if he sits a week it won't kill us.

Thought he made some significant strides vs. the Jets, was hoping that might continue this week. We'll see. I have no idea what Worilds is, but it doesn't appear that he'll be much. I was just optimistic that Jones might have turned a corner, whereas Worilds pretty much is what he's going to be, it appears.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2013 at 14:39 »

Ravens @ Steelers but the National game for that CBS time slot is Texans @ Chiefs.

That pretty much sums it up.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2013 at 16:37 »

I get the Jets at 1, so no four o'clock at all.  Stupid NFL.  I hate going to bars to watch anymore.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 15:32 »

Mesko is as bad as Butler was

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 15:33 »

Picked up an authentic Harrison #92 off of the sale rack in the mall for $20.  Hope it brings good luck, though I expect little to go well for us today.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 16:34 »

Defense looks on/off but the offense has been on until the last drive.  This team shoots itself in the foot more often than not.  15 yard facemask penalty on Bell (who has been otherwise good) and then Heath has the ball knocked out of his hands.  Lucky to only give up 3 on that TO but what could have been had the last O series gone differently.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: