Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 03, 2014 at 00:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 7 - Oct. 20 - Baltimore @ Pittsburgh  (Read 3741 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 17:16 »

So why exactly is Will Johnson on the team?  I never see him used in short yardage situations.  In the RZ in the 3rd quarter.  It's 2nd and 2 after a nice run from Bell.  No FB.  No room.  Play over.  #84 Brown gets a FS penalty.  Ultimately get a FG. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 17:43 »

Moye lets a TD pass go through his hands, one that really would have forced the Ravens' hand on O on the next series.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 19:48 »

Good win.  We might get to 7-9 this year.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 19:54 »

OL did really well.  With Whimper at RT, I would have expected worse as Suggs and Elvis are a really nice tandem.  One of the sacks was on Ben as he stepped in to it (I think it was Velasco's guy). 

D did not create a turnover again and had one sack.  The pass rush was pretty bad.  Woodley had his sack and got close to another but was out-manuevered by Flacco on another. 

Miller did not have a good game, though maybe he was better as a blocker in the run game. 

Suisham is pretty underrated.

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2013 at 21:54 »

It's a W, always take that, especially against the Ratbirds.  Finny's 16-13 prediction pretty darn accurate.  Take out the Heat turnover at the end of the first half and might have been dead on.

We usually get reamed by Oakland when we're good.  Hopefully can reverse that since we currently suck.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 06:23 »

I was wondering why Ben never runs anymore.
Then I saw that Kosar scamper, yesterday.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 09:02 »

Baby steps.  Some interesting flashes here and there, but nowhere near as consistent as we should be.

If Heat hadn't gotten the ball knocked out (how often does that happen?!), would have easily been 13-3 at the half, maybe 17-3.

So far, Raiders have beaten Jax (so, nothing to see there) and SD (better than I expected them to be this year).  I like our chances, especially given msdmnr's Weirdo Raiders Inversion Theory.

Patriots... always dicey, but they are down this year.  Jets showed they can be run on, sans Wilfuck.  Beardy's got Gronk back, but not a ton of other weapons.  Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  Be nice to get to 4-4.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 09:56 »

Be nice to get to 4-4.

I don't know...sounds like blasphemy to say it this early in the season, but with the Bengals at 5-2 (and have already beaten us once), the Browns and Ravens at 3-4, and the Steelers in the cellar at 2-4, and with one of either the Broncos and/or Chiefs pretty much locked in on one Wild card spot, it seems to me that every win just means a worse draft pick next year. I'm almost hoping for a tank for the rest of the season (though it will be hell to sit through it each week) to get the top tackle in the draft (not that I have a clue who that is/will be).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 11:38 »

Be nice to get to 4-4.

I don't know...sounds like blasphemy to say it this early in the season, but with the Bengals at 5-2 (and have already beaten us once), the Browns and Ravens at 3-4, and the Steelers in the cellar at 2-4, and with one of either the Broncos and/or Chiefs pretty much locked in on one Wild card spot, it seems to me that every win just means a worse draft pick next year. I'm almost hoping for a tank for the rest of the season (though it will be hell to sit through it each week) to get the top tackle in the draft (not that I have a clue who that is/will be).

I might agree if there were 4 games left and we were out of contention, but can't agree just yet. 

NY Giants are headed for an early pick, and I assume LT will be their calling (Matthews).  That leaves Lewan (top 10) and Kouandjio (top 20) in play, although the big guy from Bama could move up if his play improves.  Should be some quality WR and CB in the top 15 or even 20.  Even if we're not taking QB in R1, Bridgewater, Mariota, Boyd, maybe Manziel should be hearing their names early, so that means more likelihood of WR/CB/OT for us.

Plus, you play... to win... the game...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 13:32 »

Plus, you play... to win... the game...

Yeah, they're already sucking me in, they get to 4-4 and I'm thinking playoffs.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: