Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 15:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 8 - Oct. 27 - Pittsburgh @ Oakland  (Read 2248 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Oct 27, 2013 at 20:21 »

Once again, suck for 90% of the game and do just enough at the end to make the score look close.  Don't make the plays that need to be made when they are available.

Tons of opportunities...I can't even give the D credit for a 2nd half shutout because I think the Raiders were just running clock until we got close, which we never did.

10 minute drive to start second half and no points to show for it was miserable.

The timeout burn by "Mr. 2 minute drill" was a complete disaster.  With that timeout we could have actually kicked away and likely got the ball with 30-40 yards to go for tying FG and a minute on the clock, instead of 20 seconds at the 4.  At which point we throw the exact pass that the Raiders want us to - middle of the field, no hope of out of bounds, no one nearby to lateral to, and far enough downfield that there's no hope for a spike.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Oct 27, 2013 at 20:23 »

After two pints of cheap ass Clan MacGregor Scotch Whisky, I say fuck ullum...

Hey, that's my clan.  Who you callin' cheap ass?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Oct 27, 2013 at 23:00 »

Wow, just saw the replay of the 93 yard run - didn't see it live.  9 players bite on the play fake, including the free safety (Clark I presume - couldn't see number).  He came up so hard on the fake (with a wall of guys in front of him and no evidence of a runner coming out) that Pryor was about 5 yards past him before he even noticed, and of course had no chance.  Troy and Ike only ones over, and both were blocked.

Felt like the Tebow playoff game - opponents did nothing special, a QB with no consistency passing, and we just piss it away.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Oct 28, 2013 at 06:58 »

So we watched The Walking Dead.  And after that, we switched over to AMC and watched some zombie show...

Seriously?  From the Pryor run I knew we were done.  The game, the season.  It's just ugly.

Progress doesn't matter if you go back to losing, and now the hole is simply too deep.  The season has become an academic exercise.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Oct 28, 2013 at 11:45 »

Game wasn't as close as the final score indicates, obv.

It was a comedy of errors.  Too many mistakes.  It was like watching my 8YOs soccer game, except these are paid professional grown men.  A flash of brilliance here and there surrounded by bone headed mistakes and poor execution.  As bad as they played, they had numerous opportunities.  It was the mistakes, dropped balls and missed chances that did them in.  When you're struggling offensively, two missed chippie FGs hurt even more.  And, those injuries...the fuckin' injuries, man.

After they went down 14, it all went out the window.  Even though it was early, you could see that they got panicky and started chucking it around.  The ground game became an afterthought.  Couple that with a laughably patchwork offensive line and well, it adds up to a big, fat "L."

When the highlight of your team's game is a punt, you know you're fooked.

Playoffs start this week for Pittsburgh at the Razor.  Ugh.  Grrrrrrreat.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Oct 28, 2013 at 13:24 »

After they went down 14, it all went out the window.  Even though it was early, you could see that they got panicky and started chucking it around.  The ground game became an afterthought.  Couple that with a laughably patchwork offensive line and well, it adds up to a big, fat "L."

It sure didn't seem that way in the 2nd half.  I couldn't believe all the running plays and 3 yard pass plays to open the 2nd half.  I'm not saying they had to score in 2 plays, but really, a 10 minute drive without throwing the ball downfield?

Shows what I know though.  If Suisham makes one of the two, it was a tie for OT.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Oct 28, 2013 at 14:43 »

It sure didn't seem that way in the 2nd half.  I couldn't believe all the running plays and 3 yard pass plays to open the 2nd half.  I'm not saying they had to score in 2 plays, but really, a 10 minute drive without throwing the ball downfield?

Shows what I know though.  If Suisham makes one of the two, it was a tie for OT.

When you come out of the half down 21-3, dink and dunk is the way to go.

Pryor had 88 yards passing, no passing TDs, 2 INTs.  Fucking sick when you think about it.  Of course, who needs to pass when you can run 93 fucking yards on the opening play?  What was the plan here, boys?  Oh, we have a mobile QB, let's screw contain and EVERYONE bite on the misdirection?  What is literally THE... ONE... THING... you want to remember when playing a mobile QB?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: