Is Ben done?

(1/4) > >>

msdmnr2002:
Looks like Ben has 2 years left on his deal after this one.  His cap number will be 18 Mill+ next year.  He is owed 23 mill over next two years.  Sounds like choices after this season will be either extend or release/trade.

I expected another 5 years from him, but he seems to be getting old faster than most.  I still think he is an upper level QB in the league, but he doesn't seem to have gotten the wisdom that is supposed to come with age.  And his mojo for comebacks seems to be gone.  they mentioned 28 4th quarter comebacks in his career.  I'll bet about 75% of those were in the first 5 years.

I have no doubt that 2014 would be worse without him than with him, but how much money can the Steelers afford to throw at him? 

Do we extend and hope to get 3 years out of him, then take the cap hit from a release?

Could we get worthwhile trade value in the offseason?

Moot point because I suspect Steelers will give him an extension, but just wondering what thoughts are.

pensodyssey:
I don't think this is really answerable until we see where we draft.  But I certainly agree, it is time to start planning for after-Ben. 

jonzr:
It is time to start planning, but I feel he's still a capable QB.  And having a plus player at that position is an absolute must in the NFL, especially now.  Otherwise you're depending on extreme luck.  I bet they extend him pretty soon.  Unless they feel he's gotten fat and happy.  Who knows?

otismalibu:
I only got to start watching about half-way thru the 2nd, but he missed some throws.
And seems so much slower.

Bet the Vikes wish they had him.

jonzr:
Quote from: otismalibu on Oct 27, 2013 at 21:11

I only got to start watching about half-way thru the 2nd, but he missed some throws.
And seems so much slower.

Bet the Vikes wish they had him.

Vikes fisrt rounder for Ben.  The rebuilding process could get underway with a bang with two top-five picks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page