Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 01:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 9 - Nov. 3 - Pittsburgh @ New England  (Read 2844 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Nov 03, 2013 at 18:43 »

Fitting end on the O series.

NE has over 600 yards on offense?  Sheesh

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Nov 03, 2013 at 18:50 »

Where do they go from here?  They don't have the talent or personnel.  I don't see the leadership from the highest paid guys (Ward, Porter, and Aaron Smith come to mind from year's past).  Not sure how coaching figures in to it.  Drafts have been terrible so I don't expect that to help.  They have rolled $ in to the future on guys who aren't difference makers (Woodley and Timmons don't earned what they make).  It ain't getting better soon

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Nov 03, 2013 at 18:58 »

No short term solution.  Need 3-5 years of very good to great drafts to recover, and will need to hit on another franchise QB in there somewhere.

I'm having horrible visions of the '80s.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Nov 03, 2013 at 19:39 »

Did the Patriots offense remind anyone else of this? On Skill Level 1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Coleco-Head-To-Head-Football-/141107185964?pt=Games_US&hash=item20daa4c92c
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Nov 03, 2013 at 21:33 »

Who knew I would get to see two episodes of The Walking Dead tonight

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 09:28 »

Who knew I would get to see two episodes of The Walking Dead tonight

Get yer own damned material, fuckwit!   old

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 10:57 »

Great game.  About as fun as having an annual physical with a doctor that has Hulk hands.

No short term solution.  Need 3-5 years of very good to great drafts to recover, and will need to hit on another franchise QB in there somewhere.

Nah.  Teams can generally turn things around quicker than that...unless they're a complete mess (i.e. Jags).  Year or two.  They're still kinda in cap hell.  When a team takes the approach that Pittsburgh has taken over the years, they need to keep producing through the draft.  When that well dries up, you get what you see now with this squad.

Need a good draft this year and probably need to make some tough personnel decisions to right this ship.  I'm not sure if current management will be able to handle all that.  Might need some new sets of eyes for an honest, objective assessment.

To the Steelers brass that secretly frequents our board (we know you're out there), for the right hourly rate, I'm sure we could put together a solid group from MGS to provide all the feedback you'll need.  Shit, given the proper resources and likely fraction of compensation, we sure as hell couldn't do much worse than what you've currently got.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #67 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 11:07 »

Need a good draft this year and probably need to make some tough personnel decisions to right this ship.  I'm not sure if current management will be able to handle all that.  Might need some new sets of eyes for an honest, objective assessment.

Good thing the FO didn't trade away any 2014 picks last time.  Oh wait ...

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Nov 05, 2013 at 15:02 »

Quote from: msdmnr2002 on Nov 03, 2013 at 19:58

Nah.  Teams can generally turn things around quicker than that...unless they're a complete mess (i.e. Jags).  Year or two.  They're still kinda in cap hell.  When a team takes the approach that Pittsburgh has taken over the years, they need to keep producing through the draft.  When that well dries up, you get what you see now with this squad.

One good draft can put you over the top if you're close.  We aren't close.  Our best players are old, our young players are ordinary (mostly).  Who on this current roster will be great in 5 years?  Bell?  Pouncey (if healthy)?  Brown? Maybe Decastro?  Anyone on D?

One good draft can get you 3-4 really good players, tops.  We need about a dozen more.  BOth SB runs came after several successful drafts, not just one.  Need that again.

Agree with the new set of eyes comment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: