Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 07:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers are setting records!  (Read 791 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Nov 04, 2013 at 11:02 »

Against a defense that let receivers get wide open for several long gains, Brady threw for 432 yards and the offense gained 610, both third-most in Patriots history. The 55 points tied for the fifth-highest scoring game by the Patriots and were the most ever allowed by the Steelers (2-6).

But the coach is holding his head high!  They can still turn this thing around, only 6 losses, guys! 

''You re-evaluate everything,'' Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin said. ''You have to after a performance like that and we will.''

Three opposing players with > 100 yards receiving plus a score!  I wonder if that's another record?

Three Patriots had more than 100 yards receiving and at least one touchdown, Gronkowski with 143 yards and one score, Aaron Dobson with 130 and two and Danny Amendola with 122 and one.

''You re-evaluate everything,'' Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin said. ''You have to after a performance like that and we will.''

Roethlisberger threw for 400 yards and four touchdowns but also had two interceptions and lost a fumble.

The Steelers fell to 2-6 for the first time since 2006 - the season after they beat Seattle in the Super Bowl. Tomlin said he will evaluate everything in an effort to turn things around.

''We are going to comb through this with a fine-tooth comb,'' he said. ''And those people who are lacking effort won't be playing. It's just that simple.'

At least we're promised effort!  Not quality planning and preparation or heady play, no sir.  But you'll see the effort on the field. And that effort will be above the fucking line, yes it will.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 11:26 »

Last year, I think the Steelers gave up 30 or more points in 3 games.

We've tied that mark at the half-way point. With 2 of those 3 being 40 or more.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 12:38 »

Over 600 yards of offense, almost 200 of that on the ground, 55 pts - it's like a WAC box score.  The Crimson Tide would roll over these guys!  They probably have more NFL-quality players on their roster.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 14:12 »

Over 600 yards of offense, almost 200 of that on the ground, 55 pts - it's like a WAC box score.  The Crimson Tide would roll over these guys!  They probably have more NFL-quality players on their roster.

Was at a friend's house for most of the game.  Handful of adults and a buncha kids there; some watchin' the game; some runnin' around; a few playin' board games, iPods, iPads, etc.  At one point somewhere in the middle of the 4th quarter, I peeked in to check out the score and said, "When did you guys get the new Madden 25??  I got next."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 14:14 »

But has he unleashed hell?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2013 at 21:49 »

But has he unleashed hell?

Somebody has. But they ain't wearin' black and gold.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: