Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 08:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 12 - Nov. 24 - Pittsburgh @ Cleveland  (Read 2059 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Nov 20, 2013 at 08:53 »

Browns open as a tepid fave (from -1 to -2.5).

Self-destructed versus an apparently fading Bengals team, then nearly fell apart on landing.  Yes, they were screaming like little girls.  Would have been tragic to have the team destroyed in a fireball on the tarmac, though.  And not the Patriots or Ravens, e.g.

Ben has 16 games against the Browns, and is 15-1 with a 99.8 QBR and a 24-10 TD-INT ratio.  November is actually Ben's worst month WRT QBR (87.5).  Best to worst:  October (100.7), January (94.0), December (91.7), September (89.4), November. 

Jason Campbell had excellent games versus KC (105.4) and Balty (116.6), but with a career 82.4 QBR it seemed a matter of time before he'd revert toward the norm, or even overcompensate (44.3 v. Cinci).  Figured out?  Gordon is still wildly productive, but streaky:  5-132 v. KC and 5-125 v. Cinci, but longs of 47 and 74:  don't give up the long play (that means break up passes, TACKLE, and double).  (Duh.)  McGahee is the wheels, and frankly he looks shot.  Not that we're matriculating the fucking ball via the running game, but.  Ogbonnaya is the real rushing threat.  Jordan Cameron could be a tough matchup, but the PSD covered the Lions bigs well, for 3 quarters at least. 

Their DL could be problematic, and Mingo has 4 sacks (calling Jarbust Jones... Jarbust Jones... please pick up the white courtesy telephone.)  Haden remains a top CB.  They have 31 sacks on the year, PSD has an abysmal 18.  Seriously, we're slack. Good opportunity for Worilds to show his stuff though.  They have 8 INTs, and surprisingly we have 6.  Not sure where the stretch plays in the running game or why Bell's confidence looks weak. 

I think we win, but closer than one might hope for.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 08:57 »

Previously predicted:

@ Browns 11/24:  Steelers 23, Browns 17.  5-6.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 10:23 »

Who wants to be no no-huddle to start?  Or at least until we're down.  Gotta establish that 25 carry 37 yard power running game. 

Fuck draft position.  Win this one and make that thanksgiving match-up mean something.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 11:16 »

Browns open as a tepid fave (from -1 to -2.5).

FUCK

Bad sign.  Cleveland hasn't been a favorite against Pittsburgh in 10 years.

Unless it swings widely in the other direction, I'd take Cleveland with that number.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 13:24 »

Ben just got AFC Player of the Week

:jinx:
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 14:11 »

Bullshit.

He'll have laser focus this week, catching up on Walking Dead eps and eating hot dogs.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 14:24 »

Bullshit.

He'll have laser focus this week, catching up on Walking Dead eps and eating hot dogs.

That's his idea of a "more cerebral approach". Usually it's a week of shooting squirrel and eating mayo straight from the jar.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 15:45 »

Bullshit.

That's his idea of a "more cerebral approach". Usually it's a week of shooting squirrel and eating mayo straight from the jar.

Mayo on fried squirrel is a damn sight tastier'n jess plain mayo, but jess plain mayo ain't bad...

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2013 at 14:01 »

Sun of a gun, it's 20-3. NFL Redzone has shown a fair amount of this so far.  The Steelers are rounding into a team that can usually win against the mediocre and downtrodden of the NFL.  So I guess that's something.  I'm not saying this one is a done deal, but it is.  So, let's say they win on Turkey Day and get this mess to .500.  Then what?  If they hadn't been so utterly annihilated by the Patsies, I'd probably be in full-on optimistic fan boy mode.  At the moment, not so much.
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013 at 14:04 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2013 at 14:47 »

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown joins Yancey Thigpen, HOFer John Stallworth & Hines Ward as only Steelers to register 80 catches in season.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: