Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 07:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Nov. 28 - Pittsburgh @ Baltimore  (Read 3905 times)
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

Re:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2013 at 00:21 »

U Disappointing end and a bs rule on the no-helmet td call. Wonky effing onsides kick, wtff? And Saunders, you bitch. Was that 3 drops in the end zone?

Totally agree. An as far as Ike Taylor goes; yea the old man is beginning to suck. But for fucking Christ sake, if I have to hear about that try hard ass bag Keenan fucking Lewis one more fucking time.  
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2013 at 00:24 by scballersc » Logged
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2013 at 10:16 »

Man there are a lot of players on this team I can't stand watching anymore.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2013 at 09:28 »

We are who I thought we were. 

Come on, this game is our season in a nutshell:  get behind early, the valiant rally that falls maddeningly short, a list of injuries a mile long, giving up big plays that change the course of events; a mediocre team with flashes of brilliance and ineptitude in equal measure.

9-7 doesn't get us in.  Sorry, it may be mathematically possible, but it's not happening.  And 8-8 surely won't.

So, we need a playmaker opposite AB and Heat (Sanders, goodbye).  We need a LT (Beachum has done well, but we chew up OTs like Kashi).  We need a CB (I won't mention Ike, but... Ike).  And we need a NT, because without Mac in there we were even worse up front (and Mac isn't dominant).

If we come away with 4 guys, I want those positions.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2013 at 11:35 »

I been crying for a NT for years now.  Dontari Poe, anyone?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 2013 at 06:33 »

ILB is missing from that list.  I can't see not taking one high this year.  Could be one reason the safeties have been so susceptible to looking into the backfield.

V Williams sucks. Everyone knew he couldn't cover, but he also can't tackle, which is bad for a run only ILB. Spence, who knows?

Guess they could keep Troy at ILB... Ugh

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 2013 at 08:15 »

ILB is missing from that list.  I can't see not taking one high this year.  Could be one reason the safeties have been so susceptible to looking into the backfield.

V Williams sucks. Everyone knew he couldn't cover, but he also can't tackle, which is bad for a run only ILB. Spence, who knows?

Guess they could keep Troy at ILB... Ugh

I agree... but I think it's unreasonable to believe you can get 5 quality starters from any given draft.  Four is hoping for a damned-near perfect haul.  So which position do you bump for ILB?  IMO, scan the FAs for an ILB.  And hope Spence amounts to something.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2013 at 09:35 »

I would pursue ILB over NT,  only because of where the pick likely falls.  Doubt we are value at round 1 or 2 for NT.  If it is indeed a crummy year for a NT, we will have to wait (again, I know).

Think we have the same recurring problem at WR.  The can't miss guys go top ten and we are always too low to get them.  Think we'd do better at TE later. 

Honestly, we have so many needs that this year the FO should be taking best available player for system in top three rounds. 

If we didn't have Ben,  this team would be in full out  rebuild mode.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #27 on: Dec 01, 2013 at 10:58 »

My favorite part of this season is it is hopefully the last time I have to watch Manny Sanders, Ziggy Hood, and numerous other clowns play football for my team.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 01, 2013 at 12:30 »

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Velasco to IR.  Which sucks, because Ben's had decent protection for a few weeks as the IOL finally gelled.  Now you can be guaranteed an OL shitfest.  Best I can say is hope we sign Velasco to some deal to keep him here.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2013 at 14:48 »

*sigh*

That was a weak onside attempt, but very little chance on any of them.

I thought it was a well played game on both sides.  Defense bent but only allowed the one TD.  Offense was solid, but took too long to start scoring.  No turnovers, no sacks allowed.

Main difference to me was a couple more big plays on Bmore end.  Both QBs had a few plays where they got lots of time in the pocket.  Bmore recievers were able to break loose for a big play, and we either got an incompletion or a short play.  And their kicker was solid.  

Suisam's wierd move on the FG cost an opportunity, but it was a 50 yarder - no guarantee of success and field position would have been similar on miss.

Division probably out of hand, WC now unlikely unless we win out.

It's a real shame that September was such a disaster.  I think the team is coming around a little, and wins vs. Tenn and Oakland and we'd still be in good shape.

Pretty much this.  Weird to say that a loss felt like one of their best played (minus Ike and maybe Sweezy) games of the season.  I know every team gets hit with the injury bug, but they can only overcome so many.

So, we need a playmaker opposite AB and Heat (Sanders, goodbye).  We need a LT (Beachum has done well, but we chew up OTs like Kashi).  We need a CB (I won't mention Ike, but... Ike).  And we need a NT, because without Mac in there we were even worse up front (and Mac isn't dominant).

If we come away with 4 guys, I want those positions.

Just placed the order this afternoon.  Should arrive by COB tomorrow in time for this weekend's game.  You're all welcome.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: