Speaking of Draft picks, there may be one less ...

(1/5) > >>

jonzr:
Thanks, Coach.  Yeah, that was a real funny move on the sideline that night in Baltimore.  Remember that?  Ha ha ha! How we all laughed.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin could be fined at least $100,000 and the team could lose a draft pick as a result of Tomlin interfering with a play by stepping on the field, according to multiple reports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-roundup-steelers-tomlin-could-000308717--nfl.html

Preacherman0:
Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that Tomlin was dumb enough to do that on purpose.

But I don't understand how he let that happen. I don't understand how the ref didn't throw the flag. And I don't understand how it could actually cost the team a draft pick.

If it does, there need to be some serious questions about the future of everyone in the organization, from the sideline to the press box.

Finnegans Wake:
Come on.  Other coaches have been on the field when the action was close, and I cannot remember ANY team being docked a draft pick.  UNLESS the Rog can prove that Tomlin intended to do it, there should be a fine, and that's it.

Preacherman0:

Come on.  Other coaches have been on the field when the action was close, and I cannot remember ANY team being docked a draft pick.  UNLESS the Rog can prove that Tomlin intended to do it, there should be a fine, and that's it.

My last comment was assuming that the league found some "proof" that Tomlin did it on purpose--and I have no idea how they could possibly find that. I have no issue with a hefty fine, but a draft pick is ridiculous.

Finnegans Wake:
Also:  Patriots were not called for a SINGLE PENALTY against the Texans.  Same thing happened in October against the Bungholes.  I'm calling bullshit on this...  there's not a team in the league, not even the squeakiest of the squeaky, that doesn't hold or interfere at least one time per game.  Just doesn't happen.  If we lose a draft pick and the refs are helping Brady and the Girls, what's the point?  Game's rigged.  I mean, all the flippin' rule changes about tackling have made the game more Patriot-ic, and frankly I have no idea what's legal half the fucking time.  Was that hit on Bell by Smith legal?  No?  What are the rules re; hitting 7 of the Steelers, versus 12 of the Patriots?  Two different sets of rules on that latter question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page