Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 09:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of Draft picks, there may be one less ...  (Read 4959 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Dec 01, 2013 at 23:35 »

Thanks, Coach.  Yeah, that was a real funny move on the sideline that night in Baltimore.  Remember that?  Ha ha ha! How we all laughed.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin could be fined at least $100,000 and the team could lose a draft pick as a result of Tomlin interfering with a play by stepping on the field, according to multiple reports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-roundup-steelers-tomlin-could-000308717--nfl.html

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2013 at 07:54 »

Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that Tomlin was dumb enough to do that on purpose.

But I don't understand how he let that happen. I don't understand how the ref didn't throw the flag. And I don't understand how it could actually cost the team a draft pick.

If it does, there need to be some serious questions about the future of everyone in the organization, from the sideline to the press box.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2013 at 08:23 »

Come on.  Other coaches have been on the field when the action was close, and I cannot remember ANY team being docked a draft pick.  UNLESS the Rog can prove that Tomlin intended to do it, there should be a fine, and that's it.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2013 at 08:32 »

Come on.  Other coaches have been on the field when the action was close, and I cannot remember ANY team being docked a draft pick.  UNLESS the Rog can prove that Tomlin intended to do it, there should be a fine, and that's it.

My last comment was assuming that the league found some "proof" that Tomlin did it on purpose--and I have no idea how they could possibly find that. I have no issue with a hefty fine, but a draft pick is ridiculous.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2013 at 08:52 »

Also:  Patriots were not called for a SINGLE PENALTY against the Texans.  Same thing happened in October against the Bungholes.  I'm calling bullshit on this...  there's not a team in the league, not even the squeakiest of the squeaky, that doesn't hold or interfere at least one time per game.  Just doesn't happen.  If we lose a draft pick and the refs are helping Brady and the Girls, what's the point?  Game's rigged.  I mean, all the flippin' rule changes about tackling have made the game more Patriot-ic, and frankly I have no idea what's legal half the fucking time.  Was that hit on Bell by Smith legal?  No?  What are the rules re; hitting 7 of the Steelers, versus 12 of the Patriots?  Two different sets of rules on that latter question.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 09:32 »

I remember when Cowher made like he was gonna tackle a return guy.  Kansas City? 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 09:36 »

I remember when Cowher made like he was gonna tackle a return guy.

Was that against the Jags? After a blocked Norm Johnson FG?
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 09:44 »

I remember when Cowher made like he was gonna tackle a return guy.

Was that against the Jags? After a blocked Norm Johnson FG?

Yep, it was against the Jags.  They went on a winning streak after that and made the postseason I believe.

My favorite Cowher moment ever was when he stuffed the picture in the official's pocket after getting called for the phantom to many men on the field penalty. It was definitely in his early years.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 09:59 »

My favorite Cowher moment ever was when he stuffed the picture in the official's pocket after getting called for the phantom to many men on the field penalty.

That might have been the Vikes game where Robert Smith ran out of his shoe.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 10:41 »

My favorite Cowher moment ever was when he stuffed the picture in the official's pocket after getting called for the phantom to many men on the field penalty.

That might have been the Vikes game where Robert Smith ran out of his shoe.

No, I think that was the monday nighter against KC I was trying to remember.  Also my favorite Cowher moment.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: