Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 21:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dashed hopes...  (Read 577 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Dec 02, 2013 at 08:10 »

Well, yeah, here we are. Called this a 6-10 team before the season. Never hated to be right so much in my life.

We might split to end the season, but we're a 6-10 football team. In a league built for mediocrity, perhaps that gets you to 8-8; or maybe Ben pulls another rabbit out of the hat to land us at 9-7. Even if that gets us in, we're a 6-10 football team.

As much as we need draft picks, I can't bring myself to pull against the Steelers. If nothing else, I'm looking to find hope for the future in the guys who are currently playing.

I was really hopeful about Velasco, perhaps keep him and move Pouncey to guard. Guess the injury puts all that up in the air. Was hopeful that Beachum was developing into great depth, but have to see how he recovers now. At the least, I was hoping that he could keep Ben in one piece for the remainder of the train wreck that is 2013.

I understand the arguments about cap issues, but it's hard to watch this team and say, "Man, Ben is a huge problem!" Plenty to criticize about the guy, but he's pretty much keeping Pgh in it and he's getting very little help; plus, he has progressed as the season has gone on. Even Brown made some bad plays on the ball last Thursday.

Bottom line is that this team would be fine, even paying Ben what we do, it we'd done jack in the draft the last 5+ years. I'm tired of watching not only guys that we've passed on, but guys that we CUT, who are playing adequate-to-well for other teams. Did anyone notice AQ Shipley STARTING for the Ravens last night? Ryan Lee has been on the active roster for StL. Maybe they're not great, but are they any worse than some of what we're throwing out there?

I don't know what's going to happen, and my inclination is to say "very little" because that's the Pittsburgh way. But it seems high time for a new direction and some heads to roll. And I'm not necessarily sold that one of those heads shouldn't be Tomlin.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: