Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 03:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 8 - Miami @ Pittsburgh  (Read 3447 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Dec 09, 2013 at 13:52 »

I'd at least like to see what Fangs can do at NT.  Season's shot, try Heyward and Mac at end, Fangs at the nose. 

Raji is gonna get some coin.

Looking at Woodley's age (29) and cap numbers do provide a different perspective on the OLB situation.  Plus Wood's been dinged up so damned much.  OLB is really screwing us, and if they do the dumbass thing and let Worilds walk, the clusterfuck will be complete.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Dec 10, 2013 at 08:59 »

Actually just got around to watching the game, at least skimming through it.  I don't think that last play was a lateral.  Ben's feet were a yard back, but with his arm outstretched it was pretty much sideways.  Immaterial, and of course had they reviewed it "irrefutable evidence" varies for each team, so we would have gotten screwed. 

Brown did not have to step out of bounds.  He was past the defender at that point.  Story of the season - small things have cost us wins.  So many opportunities to put that one away, and just didn't make the play when we needed it.

Most frustrating season since maybe when Ben put his head through the windshield.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #42 on: Dec 10, 2013 at 09:26 »

Everything I've read said it was a forward pass.  If he hadn't stepped out we would have had to wait around for 20 minutes until they overturned it, which in retrospect would have been a more perfect ending to that abortion of a game. 

unless it was Brady, then the touchdown would not only have counted but would have been worth bonus points.  With 15 yards for roughing assessed on the kickoff next week.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #43 on: Dec 12, 2013 at 07:52 »

Everything I've read said it was a forward pass.  If he hadn't stepped out we would have had to wait around for 20 minutes until they overturned it, which in retrospect would have been a more perfect ending to that abortion of a game. 

unless it was Brady, then the touchdown would not only have counted but would have been worth bonus points.  With 15 yards for roughing assessed on the kickoff next week.

I stand corrected.  It was a legal lateral according to reports. 
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Dec 12, 2013 at 10:09 »

I stand corrected.  It was a legal lateral according to reports.  

Really?  Link?

Edit:  Nevermind.  Saw the article where the NFL VP of officiating said it would've survived a review given a lack of indisputable evidence to overturn.  Personally, I think that's a load of shit and doesn't necessarily mean that the in game official would've "seen" the same thing on review.  As I understand it on those types of plays, it's not where the player's body is at the time but where the ball is released and caught.  After seeing the video of the play, I maintain that the ball was released at the 32 and was caught by Bell at the 33.  IMO, it's about as irrefutable as it can get.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2013 at 10:17 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: